Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding with LARGE breasts

Question Breastfeeding with LARGE breasts

I have LARGE breasts. I am upto an "I" now. *faint*
    Can anyone give me some tips on breastfeeding with large boobs? I can use all the help I can get!

Default Re: Breastfeeding with LARGE breasts

Never thought I'd say "I'm only a D." But, I'm only a D.

Since this is your third baby, do your breasts keep getting larger with each one? I only ask because now I'm afraid the same thing might happen to me! *eek*

They seem to be larger. I don't know if they ARE larger, or if I was just in the wrong size for so many years. Last year I went and got fitted for the proper size and found out I am an H or an I. The H's fit but now that I am pregnant again, I fit well into an I. All these years I thought I was DD's. lol.
    So don't panic just yet!

I only breastfed my first for a week and a half. I quit for so many reasons, but the main one was support and I didn't know what I was doing(I still don't to be honest). With my second born, I didn't get to breastfeed her. I tried to breastfeed her when we got home and she kept choking on the milk and cried hystarically. So I gave up.

I am determined this time to learn what I am doing and give it my all.

My breasts went from a D to an G. I definately have an adequate milk supply, and I don't find Bfing to difficult. I do worry about suffocating her as my bb's are 10 times the size of her head lol!
    It really isn't that hard, infact I think it might be easier with big boobs. The football hold works well as well as the cross cradle.
    They can get really uncomfortable and heavy if they get too full, and I can't find a nursing bra in my size, but other than that it isn't so bad I'm sure you will do just fine.

I wear a G sized-bra and I haven't found it difficult to breastfeed.
    I agree with PP, the football hold worked best for me in the beginning. I also found it necessary to use a boppy pillow. I did worry about my LO being able to breathe, so occassionally I would push back my breast. But she did ok and continues to nurse like a champ.
    It is tough to find nursing bras that fit. I managed to find a few at Wal-Mart. I'm sure you can have more luck shopping online for bras that will fit.

I don't think it is difficult to nurse with large breasts but I found it a little ackward at the beginning. It seemed strange that my breasts were so much bigger than my LO's head . Still to this day (DD is 8 months) if I am nursing with out a boppy I have to hold my breast while supporting my DD as she nurses. However, I find side lying nursing very comfortable and accomodating to a larger breast size.

Quote Originally Posted by staceyinsamoa View Post
    I find side lying nursing very comfortable and accomodating to a larger breast size.
    I agree. The side lying nursing position works very well for us.

I was a DD before pregnancy. I haven't been fitted, but I know they are now much larger since NONE of my DD bras have fit since my 7 mo of pregnancy (baby is now 4.5 weeks old).
    I was lazy and ordered the Bravado sports bra/nursing bra in the "M++" size that accomodates DD and more. The bras are my favorite now.

I use the cross cradle hold or the side lying- the football is awkward to me... but have used it when I have tried nursing AND feeding at the same time (but it is hard to do- at least for me).

Molly

I also have large breasts and the football hold is what I used the entire 6 months I nursed my daghter. I don't know weather it's me and lack of experience with cross cradle or that lo is only 2 months. My boobs seem to suffocate him when using cross cradle, but I've seen women with boobs bigger than mine do it. The side lying position works very well when I want to take a nap.