Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby prefers one breast over the other

Red face Baby prefers one breast over the other

just have a quick question....wondering what your experience/thoughts were on this:

I have trouble feeding baby for very long on the left breast (flat nipple). Baby really prefers the other... If I am mostly pumping the left, will I always have less milk production in that one due to lack of stimulation from the baby??

Does pumping periodically provide enough stimulation to keep up milk supply? I notice that i can pump so much more milk from the breast that is used the most....And is it ok that i do it this way?

thanks a bunch in advance for any advice!

Default Re: Baby prefers one breast over the other

are you asking if it's okay to pump/nurse less often on one side? Just my thoughts, but I don't see why not - mastectomy patients only nurse from one side. You know? Continue doing whatever works for you.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.