Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: is it possible for LO to eat too much??

Default is it possible for LO to eat too much??

My LO is one month old tomorrow. Sometimes if she is fussy she will nurse on and off continuosly. She fusses the whole time, but seems to want to eat, and then she throws up. My question is: Is she feeding till she pukes? and should I limit her time on the breast when she gets fussy and try other methods to settle her down?

Default Re: is it possible for LO to eat too much??

My son was exactly the same way, especially when he had gas pain he wouldn't let go off the breast. I don't think you need to limit your baby's time at the breast though. If it is comforting, it is OK for your baby to nurse even until she pukes. Once they are 3 months old everything usually settles down in that respect anyway.

Default Re: is it possible for LO to eat too much??

I wouldn't limit the time, but you can try to keep her upright for 20 minutes after the feeding becase the shphincter (sorry about the spelling) that keeps her stomach closed may not be strong enough. That helped with my little one. If she does eat and throw up it's ok to feed her right after again. She could be going through growth spurt and building your milk supply. HTH