Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Homemade Baby Food.. Books?

Default Homemade Baby Food.. Books?

Hi all,

My LO is almost 4 months and I want to prepare myself for introducing solids ( I want to start after he is 6 months, sometime in summer). I would like to follow LLL progression for introducing solids. Any books out there that could help me with this process? Any recommendations on food storage/preparation?

Thanks,
    Lori
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

Lightbulb Re: Homemade Baby Food.. Books?

I don't have any books that follow LLL progression per say, but a have a lot of great baby food making books! What doesn't follow the BF standards I live by I ignore and move on to what I do like in the books. My favorites are First Meals by Annabel Karmel, The Petit Appetit by Lisa Barnes, and Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron (stays on my counter at all times). When I started(my LO is 13 months now) I used this system and LOVED it http://freshbaby.com/buy_our_products/index.cfm I still use the cube tray method even now that I am adding more texture to Eddie's food. Another great resource is www.wholesomebabyfood.com.

I hope this information helps you. I love making all of my LO's food from scratch it feels good to know that I, not Gerber, am making him healthy and wholesome meals.

Konnie
    mom to Alex- 14, Madison-9, and Eddie- 13 months

Default Re: Homemade Baby Food.. Books?

Thank you so much for the info.... I love the website you sent me!

Thanks soooooo much!

Lori
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

Default Re: Homemade Baby Food.. Books?

First Meals by annabel Karmel! Awesome book, great recipes that introduce foods I don't normally eat like mango, kiwi, apricots, leeks, parsnip, but now that I have cooked them and tasted them I will use them for the whole family.