Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Come on! We have to have a cute stories thread!

Default Re: Come on! We have to have a cute stories thread!

We were driving home from day care yesterday and my 17 month old son started screaming "eat! eat! yogurt! yogurt!" all the way home (5 minutes). Then as soon as we pull into the driveway he switched to "nurse! nurse! other breast! other breast!"

BTW: I must have called it breast 2 times and "side" 222 times. He got stuck on breast

We have so many cute stories but I think my favorite so far has been watching him as he's gotten older ask me to nurse his various animals, dinosaurs and "Guys" (Any people figure toy) And watching him nurse all those things. Too cute!

My almost 13-month old likes to nurse with the boppy (the only way I ever get computer time anymore). If he wants to nurse, he carries the boppy to me. He's tiny (only about 18 pounds), and has to grunt and strain to carry it. Sometimes, he's also yelling "Nuh! Nuh!" for "nurse."

Wink Re: Come on! We have to have a cute stories thread!

My ds is 21 months he loves to try to stick his finger up my nose. I have no idea why he does it. He also loves to see how far my nipples can strech so he can see what is on t.v. It really hurts sometimes!!!

I think I already posted something, but something so cute happened today; I will post again. My daughter turns 12 months in less than a week. In the middle of nursing, she stopped. She said "hi, hi, hi" with a big smile and started waving at me. Then, she resumed nursing. This is such an awesome age. Something new happens every day.

Default The flap and pant!

My nursing son is now 4. He still does the "flap and pant" from when he was a baby -- that is when he wants to nurse, he flaps his arms sort of like a chicken and pants with a big grin and says, "Moak moak! Moak moak!"

When he was maybe 2, he used to tell me that my left breast had strawberry-flavored milk, and the right breast had mama-flavored milk!

--Ivy

Thumbs up Re: Come on! We have to have a cute stories thread!

Don't you all just get the giggles with some of the things nursing toddlers say and do!! My 5 children all made up different names for it. I thought the first was the most interesting da do's - not sure where that came from?
    My 3 year old has just recently weaned, but still calls them his "num nums".
    I have a mole on each of my breasts - one is larger and one is small. From quite a young age DS would ask for the big mole one, or small mole one, or sometimes call it the "udder" one. Now that he has weaned, he still likes to hold, kiss and cuddles my breast - only the big mole one now!!! (I am sure he just likes the feel of the mole, as that is mostly what he strokes).
    Keep the funny stories coming - but most of all keep up the very important job of mothering and breastfeeding your children.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieLLLNZ
    (I am sure he just likes the feel of the mole, as that is mostly what he strokes).
    Oh wow, this really rings a bell for me!

My 4yo DS weaned a couple months ago. Like your son, he does still like to touch and hold my breasts ... but he has also transferred some of his attention from the mole under my right breast to the mole on my chin!

Sometimes he even calls the mole on my chin "your nipple," then catches himself and says, "I mean, your MOLE."

There's some very interesting process going on in his mind around all this; I so wish I could see it all for myself.

--Rebecca

My favorite times are when my DS, who is now 18 months, will stop nursing, lift up my breast toward my face as to offer me a drink & while doing so makes drinking noises with his mouth!! It's so cute! Another cute thing happened today. Whenever my DS is done wiping his mouth or hands with a napkin, he will ask for a "new un" (new one). When he was done nursing on my right side, he stood up, pointed to my left side & said "new un, new un"! It was really cute!! I just remembered something funny that happened. I tandem nurse DS & DD & at night I usually tell him that one side is for "sissy". Well, one night he was nursing & sat up & pointed to my other breast & started saying "titty, titty"! I've only ever called them my breasts, as to teach him the proper name & was wondering how he could have called them that! Then, a couple days later, he started referring to his sister as "titty"! He was trying to say "sissy"! Boy was I relieved!