Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Come on! We have to have a cute stories thread!

Default Come on! We have to have a cute stories thread!

A good way to start might be the classic 'cute stories' thread. Extended nursers are always an adorable bunch when it comes to anecdotes. In the last couple of days Sam has started to tickle me during feeds. He even goes for the under armpits. Sometimes he breaks off to say 'ickle, ickle'.
    He calls nursing 'milkies'. It never occurred to me that when we started off I should have perhaps chosen a more subtle name. He loves to yell 'milkies! more milkies! more milkies pleeeese.'

Default Re: Come on! We have to have a cute stories thread!

Milkies is what my dd called it also, therefore my username

Milkies worked for us good though. We could be anywhere and she would ask when she could have her milkies. No one knew exactly what she meant

Ah bless
    They can be so funny can't they. I remember the fits of hysterics we both had when my now near 4 year old went to latch on and then just blew a raspberry instead. Of course having gotten that reaction she kept on doing it for a while, lol.

She has always called it mmm mmms. From quite an early age she used to mmmm whenever she wanted to nurse so it evolved from there and has been known as mm mms ever since. Nowadays I usually get " Can I have some mm mms please Mummy, only very quick ones please!! " Now can one resist that one ???

Gabrielle is just entering into the blowing raspberries and coming off at let-down and giggling hysterically when milk goes everywhere stage She has decided to call for nah nah every time she wants to nurse, which I found quite surprising as I thought she would simply call it mm mms like her older sister, but apparently not!

My 16 month old dd's latest cute bf thing is to lift up my top, and just gaze adoringly at my breasts with her head on one side before putting my top down again. I think she just likes to know 'mama' is there!

My 3 year old used to call milk "guk" and that worked as a discreet name for a while. Then he started using the term nurse because he heard me use it all of the time. I also made the mistake of referring to my breast as "boob". One time we were in the library and there were a lot of people there, using the computers, very quiet. We were in the book aisles and he says to me really loud "I nursed your boob yesterday". I was mortified! But it was cute, too. Yesterday is his word for anything he's ever done before that very moment.

My son, if not nursing, likes to put his hand on my breast. No matter what clothes I have on, he will find a way to get in there, LOL and also it's so funny when I get out of the shower, and if he sees me (or better said, if he sees "them" lol) he starts running after me with open arms and open and closes his mouth. Too cute!

Recently, Syd has started blowing zerberts on my breasts too. She just buries her face and blows then gets up giggling. She saw my husband without a shirt for the first time the other day and started pointing at his nipples and saying "Ma Ma? Ma Ma?" We both laughed and laughed. She is used to seeing him sleeping in a t-shirt.

Alex likes to sit in my lap facing me to nurse. My chest is rather large, so I have to hold them up for him Often times he'll just sit there and pat them with this goofy grin on his face.

Sometimes he will lean in reeeeaaaallll slow while looking up at me. Then he'll pause, grin, and swoop in for the kill. That's the only way I can describe it and it cracks me up everytime he does it.

My daughter does the raspberries now, and "talking with her mouth full", and most recently pushing on my nipple with her finger. I think she's trying to change flavors!

OK, so i'll have to add something, huh?!

My dd has a ritual. First she holds her "fringe blankie" up by the corner and gently pulls the fringe until it is sticking straight up. Next, she pushes her hair in back of her ear. Next she lays back against my arm (no, we haven't even started nursing yet!!). Finally she latches on and makes a grunting noise so that i'll push her hair in back of her other ear. Now she is all set to have her "ellie milk" and tickle her ear with the corner fringe from her blankie...heaven on earth i think.

AAAHHH, 3 year olds!