Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Come on! We have to have a cute stories thread!

Default Re: Come on! We have to have a cute stories thread!

ROFL! Too funny! I'm loving these stories...

We began calling nursing "nummies" at the advice of a friend who'd nursed several & warned me of an older baby/toddler yelling for BOOBIES in a store. For the longest time Jillian didn't call it anything, but a few months back has taken to calling it NUNNIES.

She'll nurse all day long if I'd let her, and I'm trying to set limits with her, but she's so darn funny it's hard! She'll say, "nunnies go?" And then if I give in and let her nurse, she's say, "Yay! Nunnies!" before she swoops in for the kill, like a pp said that's just what it looks like! She just gets so excited & laughing, it's hilarious. Occasionally when I'm really trying to put it off a bit, she'll jam her hand down my shirt like she's so fond of doing, and say "Nunnies? Peas?" And who could resist THAT?!

At 20 months old Lily glances down the inside of her onesie informing me she needs nursing pads at the store.

My 19 month old daughter calls my right breast "nurse" and my left breast "other nurse." But it comes out sounding like "udder nurse!"

Default Oh, so many wonderful stories!

My 4yo DS recently completely weaned, and this thread is almost making me weepy (even though I was fully ready for the weaning).

I think my all-time favorite Michael-nursing story was when he was a little over 2 years old and we were in one of our favorite NIP spots (the leather display recliners in our discount warehouse store). Michael kept lifting my blouse up to my collarbone, completely exposing my J-cup breast. I kept trying to hold the blouse down, but this just made him mad.

Finally, I tried to "explain" and "reason" to gain his cooperation. I said, "Let's keep the num-num covered. Momma doesn't want other people to see her num-num."

Michael's response? He waited until the next time a customer walked by, and then he unlatched, turned to face them, and hollered indignantly, "No see my mommy num-num!"

Yep. That worked. (Not.)

--Rebecca

Wink Re: Oh, so many wonderful stories!

Quote Originally Posted by quakerm0mma
    . I kept trying to hold the blouse down, but this just made him mad.

Finally, I tried to "explain" and "reason" to gain his cooperation. I said, "Let's keep the num-num covered. Momma doesn't want other people to see her num-num."

Michael's response? He waited until the next time a customer walked by, and then he unlatched, turned to face them, and hollered indignantly, "No see my mommy num-num!"

Yep. That worked. (Not.)

--Rebecca
    Oh goodness that had me in stitches!

Ok this happened today!

DH had taken the kids out to the park and for a long
    walk with the dog this am to give me some much needed
    me time and they were gone for hours!
    So they come in all rosy cheeked and half frozen and
    of course Gabs(14 months) launches herself at my boobs.
    Molly(3) then pipes up:" Mummy I need mm mms as I need
    something warm in my mouth!" Me: " Well that is as
    good an excuse as any to join in I suppose" Said
    laughingly. Molly : " Yes mmm mms milk is lovely and
    hot!" Esther(5) then pipes up:" No it's not, milk is
    cold! It comes out the fridge like that, so mummies mm
    mms are the same!" Me: " Ahm no esther mummies milk is
    warm." E: "But why is the milk cold then?" Me:"
    Because it has been in the fridge, mummy's boobs
    aren't in the fridge are they?" E: " Yes but how does
    the milk get in the frigde?"
    I then launched into how the cows make milk and we buy
    it at the supermarket etc.
    Molly in the meantime is happily glucking away with
    Gabs and comes off, announcing:" Finished, my tummy is
    all yummy and warm now"! :-)
    I think Esther is still pondering on why mm mms aren't
    cold mind you, lmao!!
    Kids gotta love them!!

My husband and I don't know where it came from, but our 13 mo son has started calling them da da, as in daddy. If I'm holding him and he wants to eat he'll pat my chest above the breasts and say da da. I guess it's better than boobie that we called it when he was really little! That could be embarassing! He went through a stage too that when I got out of the shower I had to cover myself quickly or he'd be whining, wanting to eat. It didn't matter if he'd eaten just before my shower. As soon as they were in sight, he had to have them!

Ava, 12 1/2 months old, likes to stand up while nursing. She's been sticking her booty in the air while latched since she was 6 months old. These days, she sometimes even wiggles her butt left and right in rhythm when music is playing <lol>. Amazingly, she doesn't spill a drop!

My 28 month old son calls it his "JU JU" I started out calling it Nitty, but he named it on his own.
    He is an acrobat nurser standing up trying to watch Tv all while hanging on.

We have a family bed and he is very capable of getting to his Ju ju on his own. I will sometimes wake up to his foot in my side as he trys to roll me off my stomach.

He loves to nurse on one side and reach his hand across and hold the other breast.

He is the baby out of three boys and nothing stakes his claim to his Mommy any faster than his need for his Ju ju.

Once I tried to wean him because of pressure from a parent education program that acted like since they couldn't mark weaned off their checklist that he was delayed in some way. And my Mother in law but that is a whole DIFFERENT subject.

I had fell asleep on the couch exausted for waking up before him and going to bed after him trying to avoid nursing situations. I woke up to Evan nursing happily and watching his cartoons. I looked down at him and he said "shhhh be kite momma it ok go a leep"

As long as I was asleep he could nurse away so he wanted me back asleep.
    Well I give up weaning right then. This relationship with him is too precious and will end too soon as it is.

Radonna

I just love the self-sufficiency of the happy nursing toddler. I cannot for the life of me understand why other people think a nursing toddler is clingy or unnaturally dependent.

Good for you for following your son's lead on weaning despite opposition! Keep up the good work.

--Rebecca

My most memorable nursing moment with my youngest was the day he realized there was more than one breast. He was cuddling in bed one morning when he suddenly sat up, lifted my cami top up and yelled, "MOM!!" I said, "What?" thinking he'd ask to nurse, but he yelled back, "TWO!" LOL Now I claim that breastfeeding taught him to count.