Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Come on! We have to have a cute stories thread!

Default Re: Come on! We have to have a cute stories thread!

I can't think of any cute stories... hmmm.

Both of my boys have had unintelligible words for nursing. Currently, Anders says "wowuh", while rubbing his chest. LOL! We used the sign for milk to mean nurse, but somewhere Anders realized that when I nursed him I pulled up my shirt, so he started rubbing his shirt. I call it "mama milk", I guess wowuh is his baby approximation that has stuck.

We're working hard on sharing right now so one day when I sat down to nurse Gabe (11months), Jake (my no longer nursing 3 year old) sat next to me and said "ok, you nurse him and then it's my turn". And then while lifting his shirt he says "I can do it, see, I have nipples!" I explained to him that really only mommies can nurse babies and he got so sad and said "i will do it some day, when i'm older." Ironically, that's the same thing he says every time the subject of peeing in the toilet comes up.

I came home from an evening LLL meeting and when I started changing my shirt, my son began jumping up and down on the bed, yelling,"Hooray!". He was more excited then than he was when I first got home.

The other day I asked my still nursing 2.5 year old what "drinkees" tasted like. Obviously her answer was "drinkees". I asked if there was anything else that it tasted like. Her answer was... "Beer". Not so sure that Dad will be turning to me next time he is out of Heineken though!!!

My dd when she was about 31 months, fell and broke a tooth and it became too painful for her to nurse for about a month. So instead she would use my breasts as pillows! We even sat down on the floor in Sears in the middle of the kids clothing section, just so she could "Hold the num nums"... I lifted my shirt as if to nurse her, but she just rested her cheek on my breast, holding the num nums. She is back to nursing now, but still sometimes holds the "num nums" instead of nursing!

Valerie

Talking Re: Come on! We have to have a cute stories thread!

My one (in a week) year old daughter Sian likes to stroke the left "boo-boo" lovingly,when nursing on the right and vice versa. She has also recently began to occasionally "bite"... she now gives herself away by laughing just before she does it- just giving me enough time to prevent a painful "nip"!

I was nursing baby and my toddler wanted to feed. I told she had to wait. Her reply: "Daddy let Gregor drink milk!"

She also comments on my taking off/putting on my bra with :"Open breast"/"Breast shut"
    Last edited by Virtuella; January 24th, 2006 at 04:32 PM.

When my 20 month old wants to nurse he will walk up to me, **** his head to the side, smile sweetly and ask "Nur?" And when I say yes, lets go sit down he always does the dance of joy and either runs to the couch or his bed depending on the time of day.

With him I knew I wanted to nurse him for a long time so I made a conscious (sp?) decision to call it Nurse so that when he became verbal he wouldn't be shouting BOOB at me

Lilo

The girls got to spend some time with Nana while DH and I helped some friends move. When we got back the first thing she wanted to do was nurse, like always.

Anyway, she looked at my nipple and smalled and started blowing it. I asked what she was doing and she did it again so I asked her if it was hot and she replies "ess". She was cooling it off before she dined.

I stepped out of the shower one day to find my then 2-yr-old standing there (he doesn't understand why Mommy would want to be alone in the bathroom ). He got this delighted look on his face when he saw me, and exclaimed, "Mama! Two milks!" (Two breasts) "Yes," I replied, "but you can still only have one at a time!"