Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Any Suggestions...

Default Any Suggestions...

My left breasts always seems to be full, sometimes to the point of engorgement even after my little one nurses on it for 10-15 minutes. My right never seems to be over full, or engorged. It's like he empties it so much better. Any suggestions as to how to reduce the full feeling without having to pump all the time. I don't want to make my supply any greater and have more problems. I will take all the suggestions you have. This is also the breast that with my first child I got Mastitis...so I am really worried and don't want it to happen again, even if it was 6 years ago.

Default Re: Any Suggestions...

I had the same problem; mastitis with first baby on that side and all. Do pump or hand express a little to relieve the problem. As your baby gets bigger, the problem will seem less noticeable because they become such good suckers. For me that side was even more sore in the beginning because she had to suck so much harder to get things going. I found a warm compress(either a rice bag or warm washcloth) helped and massaging while nursing(tricky in the beginning, I know).

Does your lo latch on well on that side? What is your feeding pattern like? Do you nurse on one side at a time or both?

how old is baby? some moms find that at about 6-8 weeks things sort of even them selves out and milk supply problems regulate themself.
    just in time for a growth sput!

Quote Originally Posted by I-Man's Momma View Post
    Does your lo latch on well on that side? What is your feeding pattern like? Do you nurse on one side at a time or both?
    He latches on well on both sides. He nurses usually one breast at a time for 10-14 mins sometimes after that he will take the other for additional 5 minutes. He normally feeds during the day every 2 1/2 hours, and at night goes 3 sometimes 4 hours. He is also 3 weeks old, so should this be leveling off soon???

just hang in there..and do not worry ..
    by 6 week time , they start sucking very well and u might not even notice what is that u r facing now.. ...