Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sad and Need to Vent!

Unhappy Sad and Need to Vent!

I am feeling a bit sad. About a month and a half ago, My Husband and Me (mostly me) decided that I would need to go to work and my husband to school which would take away my beloved Stay at Home Mommyhood. Since my DH works for United Airlines which is more and more becoming a terrible job, it makes since and I am looking forward to the job itself, BUT I have a 9 month old daughter at home and i would not get to be with her as much as I have been. This breaks my heart. To top it off, the job would require a month in another city for training and it is looking more and more like taking my Hubby and Baby with me won't happen, so I will only get to see them on the weekends. I guess I wasn't sure what this all would entitle and now that I do, I am feeling a lot blue. There is nothing I wouln't do for my family and with my degree, it makes sense to go to work, and I am going to, but I am still sad! Also, I am only planning to feed Kaitlyn once int he morning and once at night, does it seem possible to pump while away and give that milk to to hubby to feed her dispite that she isn't really use to using a bottle? I have always just bfed her and now I am not too sure. People are telling me to wean her, but I really don't want to. Thanks for listening to me everyone!!!!!

Default Re: Sad and Need to Vent!

This sounds really hard--my heart goes out to you. You can start pumping and freezing milk now so your DH can give her some when you first go away. You can pump and svae the milk while you are away for the same purpose. You'll be away a long time--every business trip I've ever read about here has been shorter, so I have no idea if you'll be able to keep BFing afterward. Sorry and good luck!!

It sounds as though you really want to keep breastfeeding. It is absolutely do-able to pump and give DH the milk. It may not be convenient but it can work. Try a number of different bottles and nipples. DD will get used to one bottle and she's already such an established breastfeeder that you shouldn't have too much problems transitioning back to the breast. Good luck!!

Awh I am sorry....but I say not stop breastfeeding her! It will be hard but it sounds like you will be able to pump. I support you all the way, try to keep BFing her! GOod luck

Sorry so hard. Sounds like continuing breastfeeding and pumping when you're away would be a comfort to both of you. Soon I have to go back to work again too, not looking forward to it. There are many moms in similar situations, we hear ya!

Poor you - it breaks my heart just reading your post. Give it your best shot and try to keep up BF if you want to - also have you tried to talk to your new employer about it? - you probably have but maybe a long weekend home in the middle would help keep up your supply (and spirits!)

what has happened since you posted? I feel your pain. I have decided that I need to find a job to help support my family as well. I don't want to, but I don't feel like its a choice at this point. How did everything work out?