Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Water with Solids?????????

Default Water with Solids?????????

Once you introduce solids, do you give baby sips of water after solids and then bm or just bm after and before solids?

Default Re: Water with Solids?????????

I have just had a cup with water that I hand him occasionally and he, now, knows what it is and drinks at will. I always nurse before I give solids too. Afterwards we usually play

Hope that helps
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

my lo loves to drink....but i have read in quite a few places that there is no Need for water before a year....but.....8 oz? per day is fine to have too i usually offer it at the end of a meal, because ds will lose interest in anything but drinking as soon as he Sees the cup!
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

We have always offer DJ water with his meals. Out of one kind of sippy or another. he didn't start really showing interest until he learned to drink out of a straw which happened right around 10months. But we have alway offered.

Way too lazy for formula