Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pineapple?

Default Pineapple?

I bought a jar of pear/pineapple baby food, and ds loved it. I thought it was strange that it was a stage 2 food..do they do something to it that makes it less acidic? Cook it maybe? Would I be able to feed ds plain pineapple now? Or in a mixture? He is almost 9 months. I'm a little leery of it, but he did not have any reaction to the jarred food.

Has anyone given pineapple to their babies?

Angela

Default Re: Pineapple?

My dd is 11.5 months now, and she loves pineapple. She has had it in the jarred variety you're talking about, and she's had regular canned pineapple, and she LOVES it when I buy a whole pineapple and give her chunks to feed herself. She's never seemed to have a problem with the acidity. Hope that helps!

Marcie
    ~Jaden Mae 04-05-06~
    --Self-weaned at 21 months--
    ~Avery Lynne 11-27-08~
    --Self-weaned at 23 months--
    ~Elise June 02-12-11~
    --Nursing like a champ--

Yes and she loves it!! I give it to her chunks in those mesh feeding things. I would just say don't give to much because I worry about the same thing. But she has never had a problem with them.

do you still have the jar?
    I bet that it wasn't all pineapple but mostly flour or rice starch, With a little bit of pineapple juice.
    Just watch for reaction in baby.
    here a page about pineapples
    http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=34

I'm pretty sure the gerber one is just pears, pineapple, and water, right?

I think it was beechnut...only pears, pineapple and water.

Well, I chopped up some fresh pineapple into really small pieces and offered them to ds, but he wasn't interested (spit it right back out). I wonder what the ratio is to that pear/pineapple mix....

Angela

DD loves pineapple but at first was a little "wierded" out by the texture of it I think. A lot of spitting it out at first, then she would just hold the pieces and suck the juice, now she gobbles the whole piece!!