Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Gross -- but I have a question??

Default Gross -- but I have a question??

DS is 6 months and we started solids last weekend? I decided to start with sweet potatoes. I just baked them, smashed them with a fork and added a little breastmilk. The first couple of times he just played by putting the hands inside the bowl and sometimes he would lick a little off his fingers. Most of it ended in the floor the first few days. But yesterday he ate a LOT. He almost finished the little bowl (I would think about 3 ounces). I actually pulled it away being afraid he was going to get sick, or throw up.

Well today his poop was orange (I kind of expected it since he ate a lot of sweet potatoes yesterday), but i could see a lot of little pieces of the sweet potatoes in his three poopie diapers this morning.
    Is it normal to see little pieces of the food in the diaper? Is he not digesting any of it??
    I am just worried that if he is not digesting any of it, he might be getting full of sweet potatoes instead of drinking more breastmilk???
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas
    Last edited by rsaracho; March 15th, 2007 at 01:03 PM.

Default Re: Gross -- but I have a question??

I'm pretty sure thats completely normal to se chunks! i know My dd ate quite a bit of squash the other night ond oh my i was not prepared for that! Hopefully someone has more answers since I'm pretty new to this solids thing as well. (Cute pic by the way!)
    Newly Pregnant momma to My little Miss Gracie with a little sibling on the way.

Very normal . . .we fed watermelon yesterday and I almost freaked when I saw bright red chunks in DD's diaper ubtil I remebered!!

Ahh yes, it's always fun to scratch the head and ask "what on earth could that be?" And then remember the pickle, the watermelon, the carrot, etc.

yeah, I've found peas, carrots, watermellon. Its freaky the first time.

Very normal. My son loves golden raisins... you get the idea!

I love the picture!! Normal my husband had given dd corn without breaking it up! I found it the next morning in her diaper! Yuck!

Banana's = diapers here!! No worries.

Yep, I give freeze dried fruits to dd and they come out just like they went in. Grapes too. YUCK. New topic, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H. View Post
    Banana's = diapers here!! No worries.
    Ick - yes, banana diapers are awful! I freaked the first time - it looked like there were little worm-like things in his diapers (ewww!) - but then realized it was the little seedy strands from banana.