Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super gassy baby can't sleep - need help!

Default Re: Super gassy baby can't sleep - need help!

Is she teething? Sometimes that can be the culprit. I am not sure what to tell you except that chamomile tea helped me. I drank several cups of it and then nursed the baby, he calmed right down. Simethicone usually works, I am not sure why it didn't work for you. I agree that laying him down and making him ride the bicycle is a good idea. It worked for me. I also found that I can't eat beans or brocoli either. If I think of anything else I will let you know.
    Angela
    Hang in there.

Default Re: Super gassy baby can't sleep - need help!

Wow- I am amazed at all that you have already done for your little one. Poor thing. I don't know about how it passes through breast milk, but wheat is a common culprit for some so you might investigate that more. Our main culprit that not too many people think about was artificial sweeteners. I eliminated them and DD hasn't had any more problems. Just thought I would throw that in! Good luck.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.