Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Diaper Rash

Default Diaper Rash

DS has developed diaper rash for the first time ever (almost 7 mo old) and I think it MAY be related to the sweet potatoes. Thing is, I have stopped all baby food for several days and it is not showing any signs of clearing up. What else can cause diaper rash if not from what they are eating (or leaving a diaper on too long)?

LLLJacqui is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: Diaper Rash

Could also be just a heat rash or yeast... does it have lots of little red bumps? That's usually an indication of yeast... If it's in a ring around the anus, then it's likely allergies...

A good cream to use is your Lansinoh nipple cream... just rub it really good between your fingers and use lots of it... and then it's GREAT for diaper rash.

Jacqui

A great salve I have used for years is Miracle Salve for regular diaper rash or Miracle Salve Plus for yeasty rash. (MS+ has added essential oils to fight the yeast.)
    Both are made by Kerry's Herbals.

Hi there i feel for you. Nothing worse than knowing your bubs has a sore bot bot . I use somthng calld Sudocrem , i swear by it. I use it everything from nappy rash to mozzie bites. It is thick and not water based like bepanthen so it stays where you put it . It works for me after 2 days max. Good luck

How many days has he been off all solid foods? Some alergens take a while to fully get out of the system. Also, have you examined your own diet? It is possible for baby to react to something mom is eating. Or, have you changed the kind of diapers or wipes you use recently?

When ds gets a diaper rash (which is VERY rare), we use penitin cream on his rash. Also, we give him baths with baking soda in the water to soothe the skin.