Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I a lazy nurser?

Default Am I a lazy nurser?

I am posting here because my little nursee is only 3 weeks old. I was wondering if anyone else did night time routines like I always have? My little ones have always slpet with me, so when they are hungry at night i simply whip out the food maker and we both fall asleep that way, often I will wake up in about 20 minutes and tuck it back in... anyone elses dh call them a lazy nurser? lol. It really does help on the sleep aspect, although my mil freaked when she heard( years ago with our 2nd) that I did not get up out of the bed, pick baby up from crib, sit in a chair, nurse, chnage a diaper then put baby back to bed then go myslef back to bed....... 4-5 times a night, I cant imagine doing that? Am I normal or am I really a lazy nurser??? Just wondering how other mammas do it?

Default Re: Am I a lazy nurser?

I don't think your lazy just smart!

I do the same thing, although leif usuall starts out in his bassinet and then when he wakes up, and i am in bed, i scoop him up and he usually stays right there next to me. AND if his diaper is just wet, i change it on the bed too...Its what we have to do to get through the nights.

gabby

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio
    I don't think your lazy just smart!
    I told my mil that it wasn't my fault I was smarter than her...LOL

I do the same thing, roll over, nurse, then we all sleep in the same spot. Her diaper is fine all night - and so just because other people have been miserable, doesn;t mean I have to be!

Is there any way to nurse at night and stay sane? I do the same thing with my little one now and nurse my first baby the same way. I love snuggling up with them at night!

I did the same thing with both my boys, 11 and 12 now...and my new daughter, who is 7 months old....until she was 5 1/2 months old. Now she sleeps in her crib and I only have to wake up one time during the night now...usually. Sometimes she'll sleep through the night now too. But hey! All those people who told me I was crazy and would raise horrible sleepers were WRONG!!!!!!!

I do the same thing except now that dd is 7 months I sleep topless and don't even have to wake up to latch her on, she gets it herself. I did the same thing with ds too.
    Amanda Mom to James (2/25/04) and nursling Alice (8/24/05)

Nope not lazy, very smart! When we are having hard nights we do the same. But our only problem is that sometimes our bed is "too distracting" like he wants to play and not lay down to sleep?!? ( 10 1/2 months old ) Sometimes I can get him to lay down and other times he just crawls up to the headboard and starts jumping! LOL Best of luck with your MIL, mine lives too far away to cause any trouble or even help for that matter.

This is exactly what I do, and if I didn't I would be a sleep deprived wreck!

I, too, change my baby's diaper in bed, and have started to nurse lying down at night as well, and it's great! My only concern is shouldn't the baby be burped before falling back to sleep? Most of the time, my db will sleep while nursing this way and I won't burp him before we both settle back into deep sleep. I feel this isn't good for him, though. Is it alright?