Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Where to buy sage tea?

Default Where to buy sage tea?

I am ready to wean after 3 month of pumping and due to major oversupply, i have breast infection 3 times already. I was wondering where can i buy sage tea?

Default Re: Where to buy sage tea?

You can make it yourself with ground sage and hot water, but it will taste something awful!

Erin

Try peppermint tea as well; it's not quite as violently effective as sage!

I made it from fresh sage and added honey, which helped with the taste. It doesn't taste great, but I was in too much pain to care! It really helped me. Peppermint just didn't cut it. But you could add it to peppermint tea or some other stronger flavored tea. Good luck and be careful how much you ingest. Start gradually and watch your production carefully. You don't want to over do it.

I found sage tea at a World Market store. You can also buy it on the internet-- the brand is Republic of Tea. VERY strong stuff!

cmp12345 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

how many cups a day should i drink to decrease supply? is there an optimal time of day to drink it? and, how soon after drinking the sage tea do you see a reduction in production? i'm starting to get desperate to get my oversupply under control (LO is 3 months).