Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Oral Aversion

Default Oral Aversion

my son is 15mo old and refuses to eat solids or even drink from a cup. he will put toys and non-food items in his mouth but will only consume breastmilk. he is breastfed on demand. I cant leave him alone for more than a couple hours. does anyone have experience with this or any advice?

Default Re: Oral Aversion

what about solids thats ARE bm? Frozen bm popsicle? Diffrent shapes? would that help maybe?

does your son show any interest in what you or other babies are eating? even naughty things like chocolate or biscuits?

my 12 month old daughter much prefers breastmilk to anything else, I struggle a lot to get any solids down her, and find it very stressful, it's a slightly different situation as she trys to eat but seems to have a very strong gag refex, the result being she prefers Mummy's milk - and worst of all she prefers it every 2-3 hours from 7pm-7am and only once during teh day.

Is your son gaining weight ok?

do you offer him food a lot, is it a regular 3 times a day attempt or more laidback than that?

Gill

Here is a link to a previous thread on this topic with some information about our story involving oral sensitivity/aversion.

http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...=oral+aversion

What types of foods have you been trying? Have you tried allowing baby to self-feed? What does baby do when you offer solids? Is your LO healthy/growing well?