Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Am I doing this right?

Default Am I doing this right?

So we are trying baby led feeding today for the first time. I cut up some banana and put it on his highchair. Mostly he just played with it, I don't know if he really ate any at all. Is this the correct way? Thanks!

Default Re: Am I doing this right? Baby-led feeding

So it's been almost a week and he all he has done is mashed him bananas everywhere and made guacamole with his avocado. No actual food going in and swallowing. Does this mean he is not ready??
    Thanks!

Default Re: Am I doing this right?

No clue just wanted to bump this up so more mamas see it!
    Newly Pregnant momma to My little Miss Gracie with a little sibling on the way.

Pellegirl is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I am experiencing almost the same problem. I have tried banana, watermelon, bread, crackers and pasta but the only thing she will put in her mouth and eat are the Gerber puffs. Hopefully some mom's chime in with some advice.

We've been offering food on and off to our LO. We started when he was 6 mo and he's now 7.5 mo. So far he's shown alot of interest (practically dives into my plate when I'm eating) and is good at picking up bits of avocado or banana and putting them in his mouth, but swallows very little. He usually makes this funny face like he's disturbed by either the texture or the taste and then after moving the food around his mouth for awhile spits it out. I figure that he'll eat solids when he's ready and that I'm going to keep offering so he gets used to the idea (and taste and texture). So far I'm not worried.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)