Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how to make bread ?

Default how to make bread ?

Hi ,
    I have never used oven and i'm trying to make use of it .
    Can anyone tell me how to prepare bread in oven ?
    Thanks
    Mangai

Default Re: how to make bread ?

all recipies has good recipies for bread

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Amish-W...ad/Detail.aspx

do you have a bread machine?

Default Re: how to make bread ?

This is a great, easy starter bread. Only 4 ingredients and you're good to go. Once you've mastered this, try branching out.

Basic baguette:

3/4 C Warm water
    2 C All-purpose flour
    1 pkg dry active yeast (or 2.25 tsp if you buy a jar)
    1 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients together and knead until smooth, uniform and elastic (it'll take a little while ) Put into a large, lightly oiled bowl, turning once to coat the whole dough. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temp for an hour, or doubled in size. Punch down and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half and shape into ropes about 1 foot long. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or dusted with flour or cornmeal. cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 1 hour. Right before you put the bread in the oven, throw 2 ice cubes into an oven-safe container, like a piece of earthenware, and put on the floor of the oven. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes and then turn down oven and bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Cool breads on wire rack and enjoy! **if you skip the ice-cube step, your bread will still be just fine, you'll just have a better crust if you do that step **

Have fun!