Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: feeding schedule

Default feeding schedule

What sort of feeding schedules are your 11mo old's on? We just seem to go with the flow with everything, but I feel like I should have him on some sort of schedule when it comes to solids. He weighs 20lbs and I'm also curious as to how much your lo eats. (I measure by the jar)

Default Re: feeding schedule

I'm in the same boat.... She usually eats a jar of food in the morning, along with some dry cereal. From that point on, it's usually bottles and whatever I'm eating. For dinner, she gets another jar of baby food, and/or whatever we eat. I'm so paranoid about what I can and can't give her, so I pretty much stick to baby food. We give her bites of our food, but we still give her the baby food, too.

I don't know how we're going to eliminate the bottles completely in a month. For some reason, I'm convinced that she'll end up starving. I've never been very good at eating consistent meals, so I worry about her. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I still worry.

Honestly, I think "going with the flow" is the best thing I can do at this point. I know when she's hungry, and I always give her pretty good stuff. My friend's sister gives her 18 month old daughter chicken fingers and fries for nearly every meal, or at least it seems. I struggle with this whole idea of Isabelle being an actual regular person. It's weird.....

My DS is just one year old. He is pretty much starting to refuse baby food. Who wouldn't after seeing what I'm eating at the table.lol

DS eats three square meals a day, and nurses 4 times. We eat together. Typical day is

---Up at 8-Nurse...

---Walk out to kitchen and I begin to prepare breakfast.
    1/2-3/4 cup oatmeal mixed with prunes or apples or bananas (try to mix it up)
    1/2 mini whole wheat bagel
    small handful of cheerios
    1/4 c of fruit or yogurt

---Lunch
    1/2 rice cake
    4-6 oz baby food AND/OR Handful of cheese AND/OR Earth's Best Vanilla Cookies (organic) AND/OR Yogurt

---Nurse Before Nap

---Nurse again around 5ish

---Dinner at 6:30 ish
    1/2 turkey patty or chicken (every other day or third day meat)
    (whatever vegetable we are having at the dinner table)
    Half of a potato or brown rice (again whatever we are eating)
    Some baby food if he'll take it

---Nurse/bottle before bed

Expand the horizons and start to feed LO a little of what you eat every day. Makes for easier cooking and you'll be surprised how "healthy" foods are well liked on the menu.....

Oh and just for measurements....LO has always been in or around the 10th percentile and now weighs right around 20lbs. He has been walking for 2 months so he burns what he eats fasssssssssst....food needs to accomidate it!
    Last edited by Aidens Mommy; March 10th, 2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Addition
    Leslie- Momma to Aiden 02/28/06 AND Owen 2/28/08...What timing

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if you are only willing to listen.--Jimmy Buffet

Eleven months old today! Woo hoo!

Anyway, dd wakes up around 6:30 to nurse. She gets oatmeal and cereal when she gets to day care, usually some bites of bread and banana too. Gets first bottle around 10:30 or 11:00 then has lunch. Usually she gets food in jars but lately her day care teacher has been trying different veggies and meats with her - she's more receptive to new foods during the day than at dinner. Gets another bottle and a little snack around 2:30 or 3. Goes home, then nurses at about 5 or 5:30, then has dinner. I've been giving her more table food at dinner recently - she seems to prefer feeding herself than me feeding her. Tonight she tried chicken fingers. Sometimes she nurses before bed, sometimes not. And she's been sleeping through the night the past month! Second woo hoo!