Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Re: Only feeds on one side

Red face Re: Only feeds on one side

I have a question of my own. My baby girl is now 2 mo old and I believe that I have an overactive letdown issue and foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. I had been feeding her on both sides, but now have read that with the imbalance, that is not good. Over the last couple of days I have only been feeding her on one side per feeding. She seems satisfied, but I am still worried. I am now about to go back to work and am wondering..........do I still pump both sides at the same time or do I only pump one side per "feeding time" during the day at work? I was planning on still pumping both sides, but am worried that then I will have too much supply. Right now I get a combined total of 4 oz. She is gaining weight fine and has adaquate output, but I am worried about the supply. Can anyone help?

Default Re: Only feeds on one side

I'm not sure of the answer to your question. I would think that given the fact that a pump is not as efficient as a baby, that you'd be better off dual pumping, especially if you won't be able to pump as frequently as your baby nurses.