Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Mama brain

Default Mama brain

I'm not sure where to post this, but someone recently posted some links to some articles about breastfed babies and IQ. I have my own theory on this topic. My breastfed toddler is absolutely brilliant and I think it's because my brain is going out of my boobs! Last night I answered the phone and it wasn't ringing and today we went to a restaurant for lunch and I meant to take my coat off, but instead I took off my necklace. I am always inserting baby words where real words should be and I can't tell you how many times I've "baked" something without remembering to turn on the oven. I used to blame my lack of focus on my lack of sleep, but we're both getting plenty of sleep now. At least my problem is entertaining!

Default Re: Mama brain

Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can definately relate to that!!!!!! Thanks for being brave enough to admit those crazy zany issues that we all deal with and do.

LMAO....I sometimes drive around wondering where it is I am supposed to be going I also left the dogs out and was about to pull away when saw tails wagging by the door. It was really cold out...poor babies!
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

wow!! and i thought i was the only one! are we gonna get back to normal after the breastfeeding is over? my ds is 20 months old and i'm still like this! i've left the stove on and melted some breastpump parts together. that was terrible! i'm always forgetting things, and losing things.. i actually lost my diaper bag!! how do you lose a diaper bag?

it's been shown and studdied that lack of sleep can make you crazy.
    I hate loosing things and just not knowing whats going on.
    I have not had a realy good night sleep for the past 11 years.

OK! you all have got me lol!

I did pretty well with the pregnancy brain thing this time around (#3), and thought I could escape with my brain intact. But I seemed to loose it (my brain, and other things) after my dd was born! I locked us out of the house once (When the temp was 17-- thank God for cell phones) and out of the car once, tooI'd love to know if there is any research on this phenomenon.

Elizabeth

So *that's* what happened to my brain! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Hahahaha!!! My DD is 21 months & I still have mommy brain too! I couldn't tell you the number of times I've been waiting for the toast to pop up out of the toaster & I hadn't even plugged the toaster in !!! I lost the remote control for about 3 weeks too until I finally realized I had "accidentally" put it in a box, wow!
    Mommy to Mary Louise, born 6/28/05, Self weaned at 2 years and 2 months

Mommy to Craig Isaac, born February 16, 2008, Self weaned 3 years and 4 months
    parttime