Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: question on blockfeeding

Default question on blockfeeding

hi everyone!
    i am one of those dealing with too much milk and OALD. a wonderful LLL counselor helped me by suggesting blockfeeding which was a success a couple of weeks ago. once my milk supply went down, i went back to one side per feeding.

however, now my milk supply has shot way up again and OALD is back! i'm going back to block feeding but my question is, how long do I stay with that? is there any concern in decreasing your supply TOO much?

thanks for your help!

Default Re: question on blockfeeding

I have been block feeding for over 6 mo. I never read antyhing that said I had to go back to "normal". I figured since it was working, I'd stick with it .
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

thank you, it worked the first time so once it "kicks in" again, i'm going to stick with it

I block feed 100% of the time, for two monthes now.

do you ladies ever still get engorged? my son's is sleeping long stretches at night and it feels like it did when my milk first came in!

i offer the other breast at the first 2 feedings of the day but the other is SO full and painful. i hand expressed some milk in the shower and put ice packs on my breasts if they're still full after a feeding...

just looking for some encouragement that it will get better??

thank you!!
    rachel

yes! I did for the first few weeks - it takes time to get your body to respond to the need.

It does not happen any longer for us though (unless DS is teething and nurses more for a few days... )

keep it up - you're doing great!!!!!!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I started to block feed to get rid of green poopy....grrrrr @ green poop!

It's weird getting used to it, ds sometimes sleeps through the night, other nights he nurses once, then the next night he'll sleep through, and in the morning I have to pump to get the excess milk off my breasts because they are painful. And with the pumping you make more milk...AHHH will there ever be a happy medium?!