Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breastfeeding problems: born at 31w 2d, current age 39w 3d

Default Re: Breastfeeding problems: born at 31w 2d, current age 39w 3d

Just wanted to post another update, for those interested.

I think we've finally gotten the hang of breastfeeding!!!!! We have worked to wean Mario off of the SNS, first going to 1/2 SNS feedings and 1/2 straight breastfeeding for a week. Now, we have been given the green light by the pediatrician to go to all straight breastfeeding. . .YAY! His weight gain and growth have been amazing (yesterday he weighed in at 9 lbs, 9 oz and measured 21.75 inches long).

He is doing amazing with the straight breastfeeding and I love it. It's so nice not to have to mess with the SNS anymore. Of course, if needed I would use it again in a heartbeat.

I am sooooo glad I was persistent about it and have gotten many positive comments from everyone, including the pediatrician (who is a major breastfeeding advocate, part of the reason we chose her). It may have taken us until he was 11 weeks old, but it was well worth it.

For anyone else out there struggling, trust your gut and stick with it. It will pay off! Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks!

I'm so happy for you!

Yeah!!! Way to go Mario!!! Keep up the good work!!!