Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dd nursed her doll today

Default Re: Dd nursed her doll today

Quote Originally Posted by mollyb View Post
    Very sweet! Doesn't it feel great to know you are setting a good example? BTW my DD just did this for the first time last night as well-what a coincidence! (okay, so Haylee beat her to it and is several months younger, but who's counting, right, Erin a/k/a Ms. Competitive? )
    I know, Haylee is sooooo smart, isn't she . So exciting that Eva did it too...I agree, that its the best kind of example. I can't wait to get her a little sling for her doll when the new baby is born! My mom is making her doll a blankie, just like she is making the new baby, so Haylee can be a little Mommy copy-cat!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

What a darling story....So cute!!! Future breast feeder!!!!!
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Quote Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
    I know, Haylee is sooooo smart, isn't she . So exciting that Eva did it too...I agree, that its the best kind of example. I can't wait to get her a little sling for her doll when the new baby is born! My mom is making her doll a blankie, just like she is making the new baby, so Haylee can be a little Mommy copy-cat!
    That is very nice of your mom. Whenever I hear about people making blankets and so forth, I wish I was handy/crafty. I'd love to learn to work with my hands like that.
    It's so exciting to hear about the new baby. I suppose the reality of that blessed little person is setting in now! I have been dreaming of another LO lately too. Luckily, my niece is due to arrive in a few weeks. How is the pregnancy going? (Sorry, kind of getting OT! The baby is stealing Haylee's limelight already!)

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Oh, the reality has set in. The reality that I am doomed to never get any sleep, that Haylee is already having to take a bit of a backseat as I am exhausted and sick. The reality that I swear I have felt movement already, and I am only 10 weeks (but I was and still am certain I felt it with Haylee at 13 weeks). The reality that I will have 2 lo's to chase after in such a short amount of time.

As for my mom and the blankies...she taught herself to crochet about 15 years ago...when my brother and I were in high school and she was lonely (we had to board out because the school is 70miles away). She made hundreds of doileys, and is now putting the talent to use making baby blankets.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)

Quote Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
    Oh, the reality has set in. The reality that I am doomed to never get any sleep, that Haylee is already having to take a bit of a backseat as I am exhausted and sick. The reality that I swear I have felt movement already, and I am only 10 weeks (but I was and still am certain I felt it with Haylee at 13 weeks). The reality that I will have 2 lo's to chase after in such a short amount of time.
    Erin, maybe it will help to think about this: how much has changed in the past 30 weeks? Haylee still has a lot of maturing to do before the new baby comes, and maybe the new baby won’t be quite so high-needs.
    I think it’s normal to feel somewhat ambivalent, or even see the new baby as an intruder somehow. I remember sobbing repeatedly in the few days after Eva was born because my relationship with DS would never be the same again. As much as I loved my little girl, I was just devastated at the “loss” (and hormones and sleep deprivation might have been at play too ). Now the two of them are best friends. I feel now that I have given my DS a precious gift, a friend for life. And I don’t think it’s a bad thing that DS had to come to terms with the fact that the world does not revolve around him.
    Sorry, not trying to lecture...just share my experience. Haylee might be jealous at first, but I bet she will come around and be just as nurturing to that baby as you have been to her.
    And don’t worry, you won’t have two to chase after for quite a while. Remember, the new one will pretty much stay put for a few months. And after that, they can chase after each other!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Its actually the first few months I am the most worried about...remember, Haylee was colicky and high needs from the very start. She is actually easier now than she was a year ago, if that is possible!

And I appreciate the advice and words of wisdom. That is one of my greatest fears...that Haylee won't be my baby any longer, and that she will be displaced or something. I know its not true, but that's my fear. And how will I have enough love for 2 babies? I mean, my heart is absolutely full with love for Haylee !

And what if the next one is so easy I actually love him or her more? Okay...thanks for that vent. Its a really weird time for me, and of course, the hormones have no effect on my emotions right now !

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly

No problem. If the new baby is too easy, you will probably wonder if something is wrong with him or her!
    It is so cliche, but IME my love has multiplied, not divided, as my family has grown. I'm sure it will be another upheaval if and when #3 comes, but now I have more faith that it will work out.
    Yes, the hormones are surely not to blame at all.

Molly

You should feel great about being such a good role model to your daughter! When my first SON was 18 months and my second was a newborn Alex would sit down and "nurse" his animals while I fed the baby. My MIL got him a baby doll for his second birthday and he was thrilled. The dolly came with all kinds of baby stuff including a bottle. DS handed it back to grandma and said "my baby doesn't drink from bottles!" He then pulled up his superman t-shirt and fed that baby!

Ha ha ha ha....that's a great "boy" story!!!!! I love the image of him nursing in the superman t-shirt. Breastfeeding really does feel superhuman sometimes, doesn't it!

Oh, and Erin, my dad used to tell us that love is not like a pie -- the more you have, the more there is!
    Last edited by annie; March 2nd, 2007 at 12:44 PM.
    Annie
    Mama to Jeremy Daniel (12/10/2005)

I'm a late cloth convert...and you? :tumbsup