Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dd nursed her doll today

Default Dd nursed her doll today

Well, the other little girl that our sitter watches is sick today, so the sitter came to our house. I went home for lunch at noon, and before I left, I offered nursing to Haylee. She nursed for about 5 minutes and was done. She got down, and the sitter (Nana) had her baby-doll, and Haylee went over, got the doll from Nana and attempted to pull down her shirt and nurse the doll. She couldn't get her shirt all the way down and got frustrated, but she shoved his little head down there and "nursed" the doll for about 20 seconds. Then she threw him down on the floor (much as I do with her when we are done nursing--j/k) but had the proudest look on her face. My little nursling, nursing her doll . I am actually quite surprised, because she really doesn't seem to have much knowledge of my breasts and their location...occasionally she will pat them when she wants to nurse, but very rarely. And its only been very recently that she has started humanizing her objects...patting the doll's back or kissing the stuffed animals.

Anyway, I just had to share this with likeminded souls. My sitter thought it was cute too, even though she isn't really a breastfeeding advocate and thinks it would be just fine to wean Haylee at this point. I have to say the look on Haylee's face was priceless...she was so proud of herself!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Default Re: Dd nursed her doll today

How cute!! I know I was very proud the first time my son pointed to the udders on a toy cow and said "nursies" and then proceeded to have the baby cow nurse from the mommy cow.

That is so sweet!!!

How very sweet!

so cute!

Awww, what a big girl!
    Annie
    Mama to Jeremy Daniel (12/10/2005)

I'm a late cloth convert...and you? :tumbsup

LOL...how cute! My 4 1/2 year old keeps asking why she can't nurse her brother, after all she has "boobies like mommy's." She seems to be content nursing her kitty kat (she's not into baby dolls, but she loves stuffed kitten dolls). I also found out that she gave natural birth to 59 kittens yesterday. Add that to the 90-90 kittens she had today, and I'm a grandma many times over. hee hee

My DD is 20 Months and does that too. when I nurse my boy she does the same with her doll, then she hits the doll very hard on her back trying to burp it... It's Hilarious!

Awww. I would have paid money to see Haylee do that. So precious.

LOL...how cute! My 4 1/2 year old keeps asking why she can't nurse her brother, after all she has "boobies like mommy's." She seems to be content nursing her kitty kat (she's not into baby dolls, but she loves stuffed kitten dolls). I also found out that she gave natural birth to 59 kittens yesterday. Add that to the 90-90 kittens she had today, and I'm a grandma many times over. hee hee
    That is so cute. I am so glad I get to experience a girl this time.

I loved all the stories! Especially the one about the kittens and being a kitty-grama! It was absolutely precious. And this morning I told dh so he started nursing the baby too...and Haylee thought that was sooo cool. I just love that I am being such a role model to her, and that she will grow up thinking it is absolutely normal! It was really surprising that dh was so comfortable with nursing the baby doll too. He is def. pro-bfing, but I woudln't call him a lactivist, and that just seemed to me to be lactivism at its finest!

She did it again this morning, with her jammies on. Tried to go in the top of her shirt with the doll's head. I unzipped them for her so she didn't get frustrated and she got up on her daddy's lap and they rocked and she nursed her dolly! I wish I hadthought to get a camera, but the moment was too precious to go digging around for that thing!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes