Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mad Nipple Pincher on the Loose!!!

Angry The Mad Nipple Pincher on the Loose!!!

So, last night I almost went nuts. I am horribly stuffed up and I just wanted to sleep and Emily wanted to spend the entire night attached to me. Ordinarily this would not be a big problem but in the last couple of days she has started this irritating habit of insisting that she is rubbing, squeezing, pinching, twisting my other nipple while she nurses. I can distract her when we're not in bed, not a problem, and I have methods for stopping this when we’re in the sack but last night she was on to me. I typically just roll over so that she has the "upper boob" for lack of a better explanation and the "lower boob" is tucked away. Then she can only mindlessly rub my arm and my rib cage, not nearly as irritating.

But last night she would have none of that. She was reaching under me, grabbing at my boob. All the while exhibiting another charming quality. Kicking me with her rubber bottomed pajama feet. So, now my boobs are killing me, my thighs feel like they have been rubbed raw by her stinking pajama feet, I am bitter and irritated because I can’t breathe AT ALL unless I am lying flat on my back, which I can not do since she wants to fling her head all around and at present my tits can only stretch about a foot away from my body (give me a few more months and she can sleep in her crib, me in the twin bed in her room and I can just lob a boob up and over the railing….) Oh, and when I tell her “No, Emily, stop pinching Mommy, that hurts Mommy.” She stops nursing, boob still in her mouth and smiles, clenching my nipple in her razor sharp little teeth. Big smile, pops off and says in her most concerned tone of voice, “Owww….” Nodding her head….

So, finally I figure to heck with her. And I roll on to my stomach, stretch my arm out and pat her sweet face, rub her back and tell her to go night-night. She settles down. For about a millisecond. And then she sits up and begins prying my eyelids open and giggling.

So, she is 18 months old and for the first time in her short little life I woke up dh and I said, “Take her. Take her downstairs, in the living room, to Costa Rica if you like, just take her away from me because she is trying my soul. And I am going to kill her. One of us is going to win this war and frankly I am bigger, meaner and evidently waaay more tired, than she.”

Of course, he just picked her up, laid her down in her crib, handed her her duck and said, “Go to sleep, baby girl, Mommy is so tired. And you need to go night-night.” And she did!! Just to spite me.

She is stubborn, and ornery and she likes to party late night. Where, where oh where did she get these qualities?

I feel better already. Thanks for “listening.” We’ve begun to night wean, she has started sleeping through the night so I think the idea of being in bed and awake last night was just so exciting she was pulling out all the stops. But so help me…. She’s gonna have me in a nut house.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Default Re: The Mad Nipple Pincher on the Loose!!!

Now you understand what I have been going through for the past month. Getting beaten up by my 11 month old daughter. MK has now taken on humming while on the nipple, which sends an awful sensation right through my boob. Apparently we are here for their violating pleasure. Someone with older children, please say it gets better.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Got nothin' to add, just and oh crap, that's gonna be me in a year.

OH CAN I EVER IDENTIFY!!! My boobs are sooo stretched out it is ridiculous! I was an A cup when I got pregnant with my son, now I am a C and pregnant again...my hubby loves the bigger boobs, but they are killing me, especially now that they rest somewhere around my ankles. When its really cold out, I just tuck them into my socks. My son seems to think that my boobs are his person playground. He likes to hide in them, flick them, pinch, pull, bite...the whole 9 yards. He is such a sweet child.

Abby---much like your babe, mine is an ANGEL in public and a demon at home. I read my hubby your post about your husband saying we are the producers of naughty milk....he agreed....might not want to spread that idea around too much or else no woman will be able to breast feed again!!! tee hee

Thank God I'm not alone. I too own a nipple pinching son. I too try the roll over and give the top boob idea, hopefully hiding the lower one below - but no - he reaches under and pinches that one. If I try to wear a bra and just have the one boob exposed he rips at my bra, trying to get the other cup open. If I try to cover up my nipple with my hand he wrenches my hand away like he's furious! Thank God he's not like it all the time but he sure is single-minded once he's in the mood to pinch!

Oh no! My 9mo son has just started playing with my breasts too... see my other post... he's squirting milk onto his face while giggling and watching my reaction as he's doing it! But, my, reading all the abv posts make me laugh.. I think our babies are soooo cute!!! I suppose this is just one of those things of breastfeeding we will remember for life! Hahha..

Kelly Ann...your post actually made me smile that Haylee would never cosleep. Although I have been through the kicking and baby waking mommy up smiling in the middle of the night a few times, she actually prefers sleeping in her crib. So in some ways, I guess there is a plus to the little monster having her own mind.

And Haylee has never been a twiddler, thankfully, because I think that would drive me nuts. Right now I do believe she is on a mission to drive me over the wall though, because I get the worst RLS when pregnant in the evenings, and she wants to nurse for a really long time before bed. I am pretty sure its because we're night weaning, and mentally, I am okay with it. But physically, my legs want to jump and bump and that isn't okay with Haylee. She thinks its hilarious, and so won't nurse. Its cute at first, but only for a short time. Anyway...thanks for the laughs!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Well I think the fact that you made it to 18months before handing her over and saying "Take her!!!" Is AMAZING! I handed DJ over some where around 7&1/2 or 8months. Just another testament to what an Angel baby you got! He trys to kick me in the stomach everyday. And now comes up to me when I get home from work and pulls up my shirt with sheer delight and play with my fat like it's playdoh.
    Remember, all that squeezing and pinching is about trying to get it come out faster. Pull back one feed before bedtime and you should be nice and full for her.

Way too lazy for formula

What was I thinking? Here I thought I was the only one with raw patches from the kick spots!

DS has been grabbing the skin on my breasts and using a pincer grasp squeezing back and forth have asked DH if we can get him "declawed" . He has also been trying to put his hand in my face while nursing and when I am asleep, always nice to wake up to a little finger trying to dig in you nose or pulling on your bottom lip. He has been doing the practice rock climbing with kicking me in the belly and thighs too! I actually have a bruise on my thigh from it. Sheesh the things we go through!