Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I build a freezer supply?

Default Re: How do I build a freezer supply?

Quote Originally Posted by pipsmom
    are you kidding me? I couldn't possibly do that! Besides, is the first session the 5am or the 8am? Either way, that just seems way too difficult. Crazy even. I do want to have some in the freezer, but I can't loose sleep over it either. Literally.
    Not kidding at all! It's a good suggestion. Seriously. If you're waking to feed baby anyway, why not pump on one side while you're nursing on the other. You're going to get up for the day in a short while anyway...you won't even have to get up and put the milk away. Just pump and go.

Quote Originally Posted by home executive
    Not kidding at all! It's a good suggestion. Seriously. If you're waking to feed baby anyway, why not pump on one side while you're nursing on the other. You're going to get up for the day in a short while anyway...you won't even have to get up and put the milk away. Just pump and go.
    But he eats from both sides at a feeding, so would he get enough to eat to keep him happy? Also, I'm not sure how I could work the pump and hold him at the same time. It's a little hard to do the pump one handed.

And at 5:30 or 6:30 feeding, I'm certainly not getting up any time soon!

Do you have an electric pump? You could lie down and nurse your baby on the bottom breast and then use the pump on the top breast (you can use your bottom arm to adjust).

Quote Originally Posted by home executive
    Do you have an electric pump? You could lie down and nurse your baby on the bottom breast and then use the pump on the top breast (you can use your bottom arm to adjust).
    Thanks for trying to help! - No, I have a manual pump, since I didn't (and don't) plan on using it a lot. Also, the lying down and getting him properly latched on is really difficult for me. It's so hard to manage him and the breast with only one hand, let alone adding a pump to the mix.