Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Plane ride with baby

Default Plane ride with baby

when flying will my baby experience ear popping stuff?

Default Re: Plane ride with baby

I'm going to be flying with my LO soon too, I'm interested in the answers!

When my DD was 3 months old we flew and she did not seemed bothered by cabin pressure. She slept during take off and descent both ways. She did wake up to nurse and play during the flight. I think she slept on take off because she was so overwhelmed by the airport (and it was early) and she slept on descent because it was her actual nap time. HTH. Good luck!

when we flew I had bottles of breastmilk for the take off and landings just in case she might experience any problems..If you take bottles with you just crack open the lids a little bit as the pressure can cause them to leak....HTH
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old

we flew when our boy was 3mo, he slept almost the whole time (4hrs) both ways! but docs advise to nurse or offer a pacifier during takeoff/landing. the sucking helps the baby's ears pop and relieves any pressure.
    i nursed him, though he didnt seem to notice the changes. hth
    Stefanie, momma to

deacon james 09.22.06

my daughter has gone overseas several times and all over the us, we started flying with her when she was a little over 2 mo. I used a pacifier and also did nurse her some on take-offs and landings, (I have heard that landings are harder on the babies ears), but honestly she has been fine, no problems other than the fact that she gets overtired because it is all so exciting. I hope everything goes well for you.

I traveled alot with my daughter!! I saw that someone else posted that a pacifier and bf is helpful during take off. I seem to only remember her sleeping during landing...

I used my sling and it was very helpful. Though the airline staff made me take it off during take off and landing.

We never, ever had any problems flying, though I had tons of anxiety about doing it. Good luck!!

Kristy