Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Yellow drainage

Default Yellow drainage

So i found out that i have mastitis AGAIN. Dr is putting me on antibotic. However, i noticed that when i am pumping, yellow drainage comes out from the infected breast. My milk usually look white not yellowish. Is this good? bad? pump and dump?

Default Re: Yellow drainage

I would ask you doctor but my understanding is that you can feed the baby that milk. It is really important to empty the breast as much as possible during an infection and the baby is best for that!
    I've always nursed my babies when I had infections-that what my doc said and they were fine.
    I hope you're feeling better soon-get some rest and fluids and nurse, nurse, nurse. I also take probiotics when taking antibiotics to avoid yeast/thrush infection.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Default Re: Yellow drainage

I have heard that there is no need to dump. Get that baby back on there!