Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: DH's Bosses Baby born at 32 weeks....

Default DH's Bosses Baby born at 32 weeks....

My DH's Bosses wife delievered their daughter on Monday at 32 weeks. She weighed 2 lbs and 7 oz and was 14 inches long. I am trying to put together a package for her to help her out, but since it has been 16 months since my DD has been in the NICU, and I have slept since then, I am stuck. She is pumping (I am so happy of that), so she plans to breastfeed her

This is what I have made/ordered/already gotten so far:
    1 Nursing Necklace/Reminder Bracelet Set
    1 Crocheted Baby Blanket
    1 pack (3 to pack) of Hemp/Fleece Nursing Pads
    1 tube of Lanolin
    3 children's books so she can read to her in the NICU

After this, I am stuck!!! Help - what has helped you out that you can remember or going through now?????

Default Re: DH's Bosses Baby born at 32 weeks....

I really loved cuddling with a flannel covered rice bag warmed up in the microwave to help with engorgement pain while I was sleeping! You know what I'm talking about, right? You can find them filled with just rice, or sometimes herbs and aromatherapy stuff so they smell nice.

I don't know what is allowed in the NICU, but there are really cute stuffed animal frames they could put with her with a picture of mom and dad in or near her incubator.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfemom View Post
    I really loved cuddling with a flannel covered rice bag warmed up in the microwave to help with engorgement pain while I was sleeping! You know what I'm talking about, right? You can find them filled with just rice, or sometimes herbs and aromatherapy stuff so they smell nice.

I don't know what is allowed in the NICU, but there are really cute stuffed animal frames they could put with her with a picture of mom and dad in or near her incubator.
    Rice Packs, I love that idea!!!! It depends, my DD was allowed 1 stuffed animal in the NICU and it had to be Small enough to go into the incubator with her and not get in the way of the nurses....I don't know about a picture frame...I know my DD got moved 3-4 times within the NICU....

Karen J is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

How about a small pink photo album/bragbook? She could use it specifically for pictures of her daughter as she goes through her various milestones in the NICU. I know having pictures of our DS's progress are good for both me and DH to have around while our little boy is in hospital. Especially on those tough days.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen J View Post
    How about a small pink photo album/bragbook? She could use it specifically for pictures of her daughter as she goes through her various milestones in the NICU. I know having pictures of our DS's progress are good for both me and DH to have around while our little boy is in hospital. Especially on those tough days.
    Brag Book - Great Idea, I've even got one for Madeline's NICU stay

how about coins for the vending machines or a gift card for lunches out?

Cute little hats for when they finally get to take their LO out of the incubator and kangaroo.

oh... a calendar so she can write down the milestoones whne they happen. like the day she hits 3 libs, 4 lbs, etc. first day of nurisng attempts... I suppose one of those baby calendars you get at hallmark would do.. BUT go here 1st... http://mykidsinspiration.com/ i think i need to get one of my own!

Thumbs up Re: DH's Bosses Baby born at 32 weeks....

I have not been on in a whle so I did not see your post. My feeling is the best present this new mom could possibly receive is your support. She is so lucky that an experienced nursing mom of a preemie is available to help. As I am sure you remember it can be so difficult in the beginning with a preemie. What a wonderful idea you had to put together a package.

Mama to DD Mariah 04/03 2lbs 8oz BF 2yrs 1 day!
    DS Ryan 07/06 4lbs 15 oz No solids until 18 mo's!
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" Gandhi