Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Purely Yours Pump question Please Read!!!

Default Purely Yours Pump question Please Read!!!

I was given a hospital grade Ameda Purely Yours from a women whose baby was unable to have breast milk due to medical problems. It is a brand new pump, but she lost the instructions to it. I have looked it over and I think I figured out how to use it, but would love to actually have instructions so that I am sure about what I am doing. My question is "Is there anyone out there who has a set of instructions or knows a link, or owns one that could spell it out for me?" If you have instructions that you no longer need or if you could make me a copy I would be willing to pay for postage. Thanks in advance. I am due in 3 1/2 weeks, though I doubt I'll make it that far, so I would like to know how to use this thing before I have my new lo.

Default Re: Purely Yours Pump question Please Read!!!

Bump. ANYBODY???

Have you googled it?

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

this might be what you're looking for:

http://www.ameda.com/breastpumping/assembly/
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

THANK YOU!!! that was exactly what I was looking for!

Hi, glad you found what you were looking for! I just want to add that, if you have any doubt about whether the previous owner ever used it, you might want to think about purchasing a new "hygienikit" for the pump. I think all Ameda pumps use this: the "kit" is basically a new set of tubes, breast shields, and that kind of thing, so you can still use the actual pump motor and parts that don't come in contact with milk/breasts to ensure safety. I think the kit costs about $50. Just a thought!
    You're getting so close to your due date! How exciting!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

I am actually pretty certain that she didn't use it. There was no reason to lie about it. Shes the wife of a friend. She bought it before her baby was born and then Sophie had a heart conditon that made BF impossible (too much work for her... she ended up on tube feeding). I was just so happy to get such a nice pump for free. (YAH!!!). I actually bought the couple a gift certificate to a restraunt because they wouldn't let me pay them a dime for it. They just wanted to make sure it went to good use because she, like all of us, is a boob natzi.