Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby monitor

Default baby monitor

Anyone know of a not so expensive baby monitor. We have always co-slept and are hoping to soon move her to her own big girl bed once she falls asleep. I refuse to move her without a monitor. Since we always co-slept we never had a need for a monitor. Any suggestions. I don't want to spend too much but we have to have the bedroom door closed or the dog runs wild in the house.

Thanks

Default Re: baby monitor

we use the fisher-price ones! they work great, are pretty cheap and i can hear her breathing with them.
    hth.
    (nak)
    Newly Pregnant momma to My little Miss Gracie with a little sibling on the way.

We have the First Years one. It's probably the only product I would recommend from this manufacturer! I think it was about $20 and it's crystal clear.

Ours is Safety First, really cheap and pretty good. It gets some static occassionally, but one of the two channels is usually okay. It is a lot quieter than our old Fisher Price one.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

[QUOTE=mollyb;133098]Ours is Safety First, really cheap and pretty good. It gets some static occassionally, but one of the two channels is usually okay. [QUOTE]

I like the Safety First one as well. I recommend saving the packaging and receipt of whichever one you buy.

Laura

Thanks ladies!

Saving the receipt? I am gonna have a hard time having her asleep in her own bed, but I know that it is time. Hopefully this will make the transition eaiser for me, she'll probably take it just fine.

We have the Safety 1st monitor as well. I like it, it picks up every little noise (which can be good and bad!). I have even used it outside when I had to shovel snow the other day.

Just a thought: we used the baby monitor until my daughter was about 9 or 10 months. Then I figured out that I can hear her without it if she cries - which is what I want to know about. The bonus of not using the monitor is that if she makes a noise or two every now and then, as she entitled to do, it does not wake me up.

I'm not advocating that you don't get one or don't use the one you have, but it might be worthwhile experimenting a little with going without it when your baby is getting a little older.

Good luck!