Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing strike

Question Nursing strike

My 20 week old baby, Gideon, is teething and is refusing to nurse. I talked to my local LLL leader and she gave me some tips. I've read some of the nursing articles on nursing strikes, but they all seem to be in older babies.
    I'm wondering if I should try pumping between feedings. Gideon will only nurse 2-3 minutes per side. What do you think?

Default Re: Nursing strike

hi! here is a link to an oldddd thread about nursing strikes. Its long but FULL of info. Big hugs,
    And yes I'd pump.
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...g+strike+month

thank you for that thread link...it was very encouraging. Gideon is my fourth child and I didn't have very successful nursing experiences with the first three. I only nursed them till they were around 12 wks old. So as I told my husband we are in uncharted terrritory for us. My husband supports my desire to work through this, but doesn't totally understand my tears and sadness about the thought of not continuing to nurse. I'm just going to have to have faith that we'll make it through this bump in the road.
    Thanks for your help.
    rachel

Do you do compressions when you bf?
    Could this be over teething?
    Last edited by carpentergirl; February 14th, 2007 at 01:31 AM.

No, I'm not familiar with doing compressions during bf. I do think it's teething related. Gideon did so much better today...I've been giving him a little bit of tylenol for teething pain. he was latching on much better and not sceaming any more when I put him to the breast.