Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!! Can anyone help me???

Default Re: HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!! Can anyone help me???

Quote Originally Posted by ixoyedd View Post
    Yes, I think I will try these things. I want to continue to BF if at all possible and I am willing to do what it takes. Do these things work even better than Fenugreek?
    Well the Fenugreek is only supposedly for building up your supply. The other things will have a good effect on your supply and getting your little baby back on track. The combo might do the trick. Hang in there!

just another idea for pumping....
    i had a really hard time trying to get anything out. i would think about my baby, look at my baby... but nothing. it helped me to do something else while pumping to totally distract me. i just watch tv or read and dont even think about the pump or how much im getting out, it has made a BIG difference for me.

Question Re: HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!! Can anyone help me???

I guess I just don't understand "letdowns" in general. I exclusively breastfed for 3 months, but maybe I'm just dense and don't understand what they are. I just always thought...well, the milk is there, he's eating it, end of story. I never really knew what letdowns were. That's the part I'm really not understanding.

let down= milk ejection reflex.
    Its in detail, all right here:
    http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_syntocin_hhg.htm

Unhappy Re: HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!! Can anyone help me???

hey there- im in the same boat you are. my son wouldnt nurse in the hopital till the day i went home i have flat nipples so ihad to use a nipple shield. ive been trying to wean him off the nipple shield and tuesday morning he latched on for a couple minutes. but ever since he has been refusing to bf unless im overflowing (like when i wake up in the am). he will only bottle feed, ive been told if he is hungry enough he will nurse but when hours go by i cant not feed him. i have been pumping but my problem is that he gets more when he nurses, when i pump i only get 4 ounces at a time. hope it works out for you. this can be so incredibly frustrating, i just want my baby bf even if that means i have to give him a bottle of it.

Quote Originally Posted by huntersmommy View Post
    hey there- im in the same boat you are. my son wouldnt nurse in the hopital till the day i went home i have flat nipples so ihad to use a nipple shield. ive been trying to wean him off the nipple shield and tuesday morning he latched on for a couple minutes. but ever since he has been refusing to bf unless im overflowing (like when i wake up in the am). he will only bottle feed, ive been told if he is hungry enough he will nurse but when hours go by i cant not feed him. i have been pumping but my problem is that he gets more when he nurses, when i pump i only get 4 ounces at a time. hope it works out for you. this can be so incredibly frustrating, i just want my baby bf even if that means i have to give him a bottle of it.
    Hi huntersmommy,

Many moms find that it is actually easier to encourage a reluctant nurser to take the breast when they are not yet ravinously hungry. If you can hold your babyskin to skin and pay really close attention to early hunger signs, things might be a bit easier for you.

If it is the slow milk flow that frustrates him, you might consider pumping or hand expressing until the milk lets down (starts flowing) and then offering the breast. Does that sound like something that might work for you?

Hang in there,

Tiana