Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Reglan????

Question Reglan????

Hello women.... Anybody out there taken Reglan before? Did it work for you? Did you experience any side effects? I wonder if you mixed it with Fenugreek would it work better? I really need information on it! Look forward to hearing form you experienced BFeders!!
    Lori
    Wife to Bryan
    Zoe, born 10-08-2006, 6 lbs. 2 oz. 18.75 inches long!
    Rylan, born 07-13-2008, 7 lbs. 2oz. 20.25 long!
    Loving every minute of it!!

Default Re: Reglan????

Hi! I took Reglan for supply issues, in conjunction with fenugreek. It worked very well. I had no side-effects, other than that maple smell that fenugreek produces. I smelled like a pancake restaurant!

If you are having supply problems, there are a couple more things that I would strongly recommend. Pump often, using the best pump out there, preferrably a hospital-grade one, as the more frequently the breast is completely drained, the more milk it produces, and work with an IBCLC or lactation consultant to figure out what the root cause of any problem might be. Finally, before taking Reglan, you should talk to your health care provider about any family or personal history of depression, as Reglan is associated with an elevated risk for the disease. HTH!

OMG!! That is why I smell like syrup!! It has been driving me crazy!! Thanks so Much!!
    Lori
    Wife to Bryan
    Zoe, born 10-08-2006, 6 lbs. 2 oz. 18.75 inches long!
    Rylan, born 07-13-2008, 7 lbs. 2oz. 20.25 long!
    Loving every minute of it!!

I also took Reglan and didn't notice much of a difference in supply, despite massive pumping and nursing sessions. But it works for some, so I figured it was worth a try.