Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How much BM should 9 month old be taking?

Default How much Milk should 9 month old be taking?

My dd is 9 months old and she loves her solids. We just started 3 meals a day, but I am having a time with her taking breast or even formula during the day. She will nurse about 4 times during the day, but not for very long. I try giving breastmilk or formula in a bottle, cup, sippy - nothing. She will take some from a dropper, but it seems that she is too big to be doing a dropper. The ped told us she should be taking 24 - 36 ounces of formula if she was formula fed. She does nurse anywhere between 2-3 times in the middle of the night and feeds really well when it is time to go to bed. I would love to night wean, but I'm afraid she won't get enough breastmilk during the day if I do. She weighs 18 lbs 4 oz and she didn't gaing much the last 3 months. She of course is more active crawling and trying to stand up. I really doubt she gets 24-36 ounces a day. I also started her on yogurt this weekend and she loves it.

Does this all seem normal? Has anyone else had the problem or worry?

Also, I think I am getting mastitis. My left breast is killing me and I feel sick. I am sure it's because she is not nursing as much as she has been or I slept on my breast wrong.
    Last edited by kci3673; February 12th, 2007 at 07:21 PM.