Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLEASE READ: a word about herbs and meds

Default Re: PLEASE READ: a word about herbs and meds

Where can I get me some of that wubba wubba?

Tammy in MO

Friendly bump!

bumping up

IMPO, I think that instead of "encouraging" people to rephrase what they are saying...to remind people that what they read online should not be taken for fact and fully researched and discussed with their individual doctor.

Just because I say, "Hey, you should try domperidone...it works great with the least side effects." Doesn't mean that everyone should run out and just do it. I would hope that since we are adults here that everyone would understand that what you read online (or hear at any meetings/stores/groups/etc) would be a source of information and a place to begin research.

Not the be-all, end-all of medical knowledge.

Sometimes what I think is a suggestion, someone else will take for fact. It should not be my responsibility to make sure everyone knows it's not fact...but their responsibility to verify information and research it (talk with their own doctor) to determine if it is right for them.

Again, just my personal opinion.

I understand where you coming from ...as my own expirience I almost gave up b/f there is almost nothing to hold on out side to keep it up. healthcare providers nor family and friends I felt battleing against everything but I found so much support in this forums talking openly about anything... I understand that no medical advice can be given only own expirience .....

Quote Originally Posted by caldangel View Post
    Sometimes what I think is a suggestion, someone else will take for fact. It should not be my responsibility to make sure everyone knows it's not fact...but their responsibility to verify information and research it (talk with their own doctor) to determine if it is right for them.

Again, just my personal opinion.
    First of all, I do understand where you are coming from.

Because it is impossible for us to know who is reading these discussions, and how the information is being interpreted, the distinction between giving information and giving advice is an important one--to protect you, as the poster, and LLL as an organization.

This was just a friendly reminder. I haven't seen any blatant violations of this policy recently. However, because the subject has been discussed a lot lately, and we have many of new users, I wanted everyone to be on the same page.

Thanks for understanding!

Tiana

Thanks for the post to remind us! We will be more carefull as to how we give advice to other mom's!!

Quote Originally Posted by maritzape View Post
    Thanks for the post to remind us! We will be more carefull as to how we give advice to other mom's!!
    You're welcome.

friendly bump