Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Started solids today....

Default Started solids today....

We started solids today, or should I say tried to. DD is 7 1/2 months and we figured it is time. She has picked up 2 more feedings a day since turning about 6 months.

So I bought a beautiful avocado, cut it up, and placed it on the tray of the highchair. DD thought this was great fun and proceeded to squish it up and explore. Finally one got one in her mouth and her big smile immediately went to horror. Her eyes watered up and she pushed the little avocado out. Then all the milk that was in her stomach, because I had just nursed her, decided to come up too.

Oh well, it was a fun for DH and I. We now have some great pictures and a video to go along with it. Maybe next week we shall try bananas.

Default Re: Started solids today....

Oh my! This sounds almost exactly like our LO!

See post #9 on this thread:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=14854

We got the whole thing on video and posted it on our LO's website

We tried banana yesterday - our LO is very good at picking it up and getting it into his mouth, just gets a very disturbed expression and I'm not sure if it's a reaction to the taste or texture (or both). Only a little bit of the banana actually stayed in his mouth, and thankfully there wasn't a spitup episode.

Good luck with your ongoing food adventures with your LO!
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Yep - sounds VERY familiar

yep - we had that with banana!!!!!! though mine had to have it beat out of him Next time he threw it all up including the nursing too.. oh well. we dont do bananas any more

we like beans much better
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.