Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: coping with teething

Default coping with teething

Any tips? I give him Humprehys and he doesn't quite hold the teething ring in his mouth.
    Does teething affect his appetite? I feed the baby EBM and he prefers to chew on the nipple than eat. I have to feed the bottle in two turns. I'm getting a little worried about this because he's going to daycare next week and I don't know if the caregiver will be patient like me.
    Proud mother to Xavier Brian

Default Re: coping with teething

It can be worrisome to take your baby to another to care for them. Maybe you can talk to them/her ahead of time to discuss your concerens. They most likely won't do things exactly as you would, as long as they are indeed caring for your child, then it's okay? Know what I mean

As far as the teething goes I am not sure what Humprehys is - nor do I know how old your DS is, but he may not have the motor control to hold the teething ring... that and sometimes, even when teeething, the dont want to hold the teething ring. they have the ability but don't get that it will help.

Have you tried a wet cold/frozen wash cloth?

Here's
    a page on teething that may provide some helpful info

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

At first my LO didn't like the teething rings either, but after holding it for her a few times she began to get the hang of it. She really prefers chewing on a cold wet washcloth. I don't use the Humpreys because of all the caffeine in it, even though my Aunts all swear by it. If things get really bad, then I give my DD a small dose of tylenol.
    I hope your LO feels better soon. Teething is tough. Take Care.

thanks for your responses so far. It's hard to watch my three month old go through this. He shoves his whole fist into his mouth and screams because his gums hurt.

I am offering frozen breast milk in a clean hanky, knotted up. Of course I have to help get it in his mouth, but it seems to help the gums. I mash the milk so its like a slushy thing, not a rock.

Have you tried Hyland's teething tablets or Camimilla homeopathic remedies. They're great for teething. Most natural food stores cary homeopathic remedies.

i know exactly how u feeel.!! DS is amost 4 months old..and like u said..its hard watching him tryin to shvehs whole fist in hismouth coz his gums itch him...
    in d last few days i have tried everythng.....from the chamomile homeopathic tablets to oragel to aston & parson teething powder..and nothing seems to work... n it used to..the chamomile..doesnt do anything but calm him down and he'll sleep better
    im at my wits end tryin to figure out what todo..to make matters worse...im travellin next week..i hope thins settle by then...
    Hope things work out for u...

Quote Originally Posted by cooksmonster View Post
    i know exactly how u feeel.!! DS is amost 4 months old..and like u said..its hard watching him tryin to shvehs whole fist in hismouth coz his gums itch him...
    in d last few days i have tried everythng.....from the chamomile homeopathic tablets to oragel to aston & parson teething powder..and nothing seems to work... n it used to..the chamomile..doesnt do anything but calm him down and he'll sleep better
    im at my wits end tryin to figure out what todo..to make matters worse...im travellin next week..i hope thins settle by then...
    Hope things work out for u...
    I hope things work out by then. The tough part is not knowing how long it will last. I do use Humprehys, which is like Hylands, my mother and sister swore by then. They seem to work for about 15 to 30 minutes but then he shoves his fist back in his mouth. I guess we both have to tough it out.

Quote Originally Posted by beeboos View Post
    Have you tried Hyland's teething tablets or Camimilla homeopathic remedies. They're great for teething. Most natural food stores cary homeopathic remedies.
    I'm using Humphreys, which is like Hylands , they work for a while and then he is back at it. I guess we both have to tough it out.