Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Working Mother Breast Pump Roll Call!!!

Default Working Mother Breast Pump Roll Call!!!

For the working moms needing some help deciding on a breast pump that works!!!

Tell us what breast pump you use and give it rating of 1-5 smilies! If time permits tell all the moms what YOU like about it. Have fun...

...ROOOOOOLLLLLL CAAAAAAAALLLL!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by virtuousjewel; February 9th, 2007 at 07:34 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Working Mother Breast Pump Roll Call!!!

I'll be the first one!

I have the Medela PIS advanced and I give it
    . I like the technology that mimics your baby's nursing pattern, it actually works for me. With other pumps I couldn't get a let MER but with this pump I can!!!
    Last edited by virtuousjewel; February 9th, 2007 at 07:35 PM.

Default Re: Working Mother Breast Pump Roll Call!!!

Medela PIS-adavanced
    love that you can turn on the 'sucking' action after you let down with a push of a button. It has a strong 'suck' as well. Well worth the money for me!

Medela Mini Electric (It doesnt work for me which is really bad since I had 3of them!- baby shower gifts)

Ameda Engo (Hospital Grade) (maybe pumps just dont work on me but i could hand express faster than this thing!)
    Newly Pregnant momma to My little Miss Gracie with a little sibling on the way.

Not working yet, but had to put in my 2 cents. LOVE my ameda purely yours with travel bag, car adaptor etc etc. Have used it to relieve engorgement, when my nipples were cracked (and or had horrible bleeding teeth marks when DS was teething) and it made me cry to nurse, when travelling in car on long trips and didn't want to stop car to breastfeed (pumped with car adaptor into bottle then handed still warm bottle to DS in car seat), to increase milk supply after nursing, and just whenever we needed to go out. I even brought it on the plane, but ended up nursing instead. I have a friend who has a PIS and she says the ameda is a lot quieter. I have heard that a lot - that the PIS and purely yours are very similar in effectiveness but the ameda is quieter.

Medela PISA backpack has been great! I only use it once a day, so maybe that's not a true test of its toughness, but it is quick and efficient. I've used it in the car with a cigarette lighter attachment (while the car was moving-woohoo!), with the battery pack and with the traditional plug and its always worked well for me. I recently cracked the face plate b/c I was too lazy to unplug the tubes (Medela sent a replacement faceplate out free-good customer service!) and had to borrow a friend's pump, an older Medela model that was awful! It didn't have the quick let-down feature that a pp mentioned. I didn't realize how much I liked my pump until I couldn't use it!

Plus the backpack style is pretty convenient when my hands are full with babies and diaper bags.

Thank you to the nice and informative mommies that have taken some time out of their demanding schedule to post here! I'm sure you will be a great help to other new mommies looking for the best pump!!!
    Keep'em coming....

The pumps I have used:

Hospital Grade:
    Medela Symphony I don't know what the deal was, even a LC made sure I was using it right, nothing came out and I was super engorged

Medela Lactina: definately a good pump to rent, got milk out effectively and quickly, but not very comfortable and left my nipples raw after 3 weeks exclusive pumping

Ameda Elite: Wonderful machine! Got milk out very effectively, replinished & maintained supply until DS got out of NICU, lighter than the lactina, easier to use, more control on the settings, never caused discomfort or raw nipples. Also used again to increase supply after returning to work with DD, if I had the money I would own one.

Double Electric:
    Medela PIS: took a while to get milk out, lots of extra massaging required, didn't stimulate letdown well, very little control of the settings. BULKY

Ameda Purely Yours: More control over suction & speed which helped letdown a TON, effective & quick, minimal massage needed, very lightweight & compact, when I first saw it, it was so small I though no way would it work, but it did and I am still using it to pump for my 17 month old DD.
    Amanda Mom to James (2/25/04) and nursling Alice (8/24/05)

Medela PIS Advance

Medela PISA