Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Rice Cereal? At 4 months, Help

Default Rice Cereal? At 4 months, Help

Do I need to start my Lo on Cereal at 4 months or do I continue with only bm until solids at 6 months. I'm confused.

Default Re: Rice Cereal? At 4 months, Help

Want a quick answer? The recommendation is wait until 6 mo for any solids and rice cereal is kinda on it's way out of "popularity". I'll be back to post sime links to talk about why this is

kay - I'm back

There are a lot of other threads that have been started here too on this very subject - you can search those if you dont get info you want fro this thread

Here's a link on delaying solids

Here's one on first foods...

Here's an excerpt from that page:

Cereal is not at all necessary, particularly the baby cereals. Regular (whole grain) oatmeal is more nutritious for your baby.
    Sometimes the issue of iron comes up -

so here's a page about Iron SUpplementation
    Last edited by Number3; February 8th, 2007 at 08:28 PM.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thank You for the quick response. It's confusing to know what to do, since this is my frist baby and everyone who doesn't bf has an opinion on solids. I'm going to stick to bm until 6 months. Then I'll figure out what to introduce first. What did you introduce first?

Many people, even among those that do breastfeed differ in their opinions so it's not soley formula feeders

Do some more research on the subject and check out the other threads too -

We started with potato. We havent moved much past that due to ds having some issues with sporadic allergies so we've done potatoes, beans, banana and today we had yellow squash. We primarily do baby led solids. That may be a new one for ya too. Check it out as well.
    Good luck ! if you wanna wait until 6 mo. you have a few more months to research.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

A lot of mamas here have started with banana and avocado. We did this and oatmeal. The links above are great. Check 'em out

I was stupid and in a rush and introduced bananas and cereal first to my boys...the bananas worked great but the rice cereal ended up constipating one of the boys. My Dr. recommended to start with fruit and veggies. I wouldn't be in such a hurry. Every baby is different though I can attest to that...my boys are like night and day when it comes to everything...eating habits, likes and dislikes and the effects of BF and solids. Take you time and start slow when you do.