Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ugghhh I am so frustrated...

Default Re: Ugghhh I am so frustrated...

Take heart!! I have had 4 children, (the baby is 2 mos now) and I still hear what I should and shouldn't be doing. Unfortunately I don't have a reply for the unsolicited comments except to smile and say, "Well, they're all healthy and happy so I must be doing something right!" That lets them know that you get the advice but you are confident enough to know that you're making good decisions for your children.

As for solids, I have always started about 4mos, but with our new baby, I am thinking of holding off until he is 6mos, we are planning on having a garden, and I can't wait to give vegetables we have grown ourselves. I made babyfood when the others were babies but I started solids with them earlier. I would like to see how BF exclusively goes with this one. If I see he is looking to try our foods, then I will introduce sooner but I would like to give this a shot. This is our last baby and I want to do things differently. Besides, I am home now (no longer working) and BF exclusively (no cereal or juice until at least 6mos) seems like the right thing to do this time around. You learn with every baby!! I feel like now that this our last, I just might be getting it right!! I am sure when my DD is grown (only 6 now) I will have lots of unsolicited advice for her!!

good luck and I am sure you are doing a great job!!
    nikki

Your not alone!!!!I leave my moms and in-laws houses in tears everytime for having to defend my choices in parenting, nursing, co-sleeping, babies clothing, if he's too hot/cold etc. It is so tough. I wish I didn't care what they think. But really I do. I want others to understand that I am doing whats absolutely best for my baby. Unsolicited advice sucks! I have been trying to figure out a good "shut them up for good" comment so I don't have to keep feeling bad. I wish you the best of luck. I know you are doing your very best for your child.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I am SO relieved to hear people saying they go through the same things.

My simple reply "This is not up for discussion!" If it is a women who has children mother, aunt, grandmother, or best friend. "You raised your children your way and I will raise my little one MY way!" Don't let them make you over this. You know it is the right thing. Keep your chin up and brush it off....