Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Extra fussy and lots of drooling

Question Extra fussy and lots of drooling

My 7 week old has been much more fussy than usual since last night (she hardly ever cries and almost all day today she's been really upset, even when I'm holding her), and we noticed today that she was drooling a LOT. I've never noticed her drool before.
    Obviously it's too early for teething. Any ideas what could be causing all the drool that would also maybe make her fussy?
    Here's hoping she calms down before bedtime!

Default Re: Extra fussy and lots of drooling

At some point they start making more tears and saliva and don't always know how to handle it. Maybe that's what's happening? Does she act sick at all? A sore throat might cause drooling and fussiness. Just throwing out some ideas... Hopefully it doesn't last long.

I read somewhere that this is expected around 2 months. My LO is started drrooling more around wk 7.

Regarding the increased fussiness, I've also noticed it in LO during the last few days. DS just turned 8wks. The week or two prior to that I thought things were getting better. He was very bright and cheerful during the day and much less colic at night. During the last few days I noticed that he seemed more irritable and this correllated with drooling. Don't know if this is random mood swings or related to something developmentally.