Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how to get domperidone

Default how to get domperidone

so i was sent an email prescription wich my doc has to co sign...to get domperidone in the u.s. but is that all i have to do...just get my doc to sign my prescription...then what...do i have to give it to a local pharmacy or find one????

Default Re: how to get domperidone

I just ordered it from www.inhousepharmacy.com without a perscription. I haven't got it yet though they said 7-12 days, it's been just about 7.

My midwife mentioned today that Domperidone is not available in the US. You have to go to Mexico to get it? I think they have it in Canada though. I may be trying it if the fenugreek doesn't start kicking in.

Here's some info I found online:

Since Domperidone has never been licensed for sale in the United States, one might think it would be unavailable for purchase legally. However, whether or not Domperidone is available for purchase legally, would seem to depend on who you are and who you know! Contrary to popular opinion, Domperidone is legal for purchase in the United States through online sales and Compounding Pharmacies, as long as you have a valid prescription. Getting the prescription is the problem

In 2004, the United States Federal Drug and Food Administration, (FDA), issued a letter warning that purchase of Domperidone was illegal through both Online and Compounding Pharmacies. However in 2006, the FDA rescinded that letter, and posted guidelines for issuing prescriptions for Domperidone.

In layman's terms, the FDA guidelines basically state: if Acid Reflux Disease is uncontrollable by FDA approved medications, a doctor may issue a valid prescription for Domperidone. And with proper paper work, Domperidone may be legally purchased through Online and Compounding Pharmacies. However, the FDA guidelines do not authorize prescriptions for use of Domperidone as a galactagogue.

To legally obtain a prescription for Domperidone in the United States, you must have Acid Reflux Disease, and your doctor must agree Domperidone is the best treatment for that disease. As with many things in life, it would seem getting a prescription for Domperidone would depend on who you are and who you know!

Legal or not, most women in the United States who use Domperidone as a galactagogue, simply order it online without a prescription. As long as the orders are small, there have been few problems. Other than an occasional confiscation at the port of entry, most shipments have arrived without incident.

Lyn
    Last edited by @llli*danlynclark; February 7th, 2007 at 10:29 PM.

Funny you posted this, I was just researching this today!!

http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/d...onewhere.shtml

Some compounding pharmacies here have it, but I can't get my doc to write a script. If your doc will give you one, just order online from Canada.

I'm going to order online. Places in the Pacific don't require prescriptions.

Brandi, Inhouse was the site I was thinking I'd use. Can you tell me how long it ends up taking?
    Lynda
    Tree-hugging, queer-loving, liberal, feminist Mommy to L August 2006

Here is where I order from, no Rx needed, placed two very large orders (I have been taking it for about 8 months) and had no problems

Fax: +678 28133
    (US customers to place 011 to replace the + sign)
    TEL: +678 28134
    (US customers to place 011 to replace the +sign)
    Free phone
    if calling from the US: 1 (877) 271 6591
    email: planetorders@vanuatu.com.vu

Charges under the company name of South Seas Pharmaceuticals
    PRICES: MOTILIUM (Domperidone)
    Motilium 10mg 100 tabs USD20
    Motilium 10mg 300 tabs USD40
    Motilium 10mg 600 tabs USD70
    A prescription is not required.
    Shipping is USD10 per order.

Motilium 10mg 900 tabs USD95
    Motilium 10mg 1200 tabs USD120
    Motilium 10mg 1800 tabs USD170

Shipping USD$20 per order
    A prescription is not required.
    Shipping is via US postal services.
    Please allow 10-14 days for delivery from the ship date.
    All orders over 300 tabs will be split into packages containing 300 tabs per package to comply with customs regulations.
    Payment: Visa, Mastercard only
    With thanks!
    Ask for Mirium
    Amanda Mom to James (2/25/04) and nursling Alice (8/24/05)