Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I fear this is the end...

Default I fear this is the end...

I am kind of desperate. I go back to work tomorrow morning and I still can't pump much... My frozen stash will last just one day, and I fear I won't be able to pump enough tomorrow for Friday's needs... So that will be it. I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what I do wrong, I just can't get more than 1.5 oz out and I will be away for more than 10 hours every single day...
    I know I should have planned better but days are so short, and my DD is so demanding, I haven't got the time to pump most days...
    I know the anxiety is not going to help, but I can't help it...
    I guess I'll try not to feel guilty about this, but it is hard... I'll keep on breastfeeding her in the mornings and evenings, as well as during the night, if she wants to...
    Sorry for my venting, I just needed to get it out...

Default Re: I fear this is the end...

. Are you able to pump at work??? How long have you been pumping?? My DS is very demanding too so pumping at home is more of an aggrivation than a help. If I do pump while he's awake he tries to eat the cords and pull the funnel and when I'm dealing with him I hardly have a let down. He never naps long enough for me to get it done either. Plus when I pump at work, I only work 4 hours in the evening, I can get 5-8 oz before coming home. If you only just started pumping it can be a while before your body adjusts to it. It just takes time mama. You'll be fine. Just do what you have to do.

Default Re: I fear this is the end...

I agree number one rule feed the baby. Some formlua is ok.
    Any breastmilk is good! The baby will want to nurse alot when you get back together after work!