Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duration of feeding?

Default Re: Duration of feeding?

BTW, your pics are VERY cute! Nice little prego belly! And Colin is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure you're so proud!

Lisa

Loved the photos! Your baby is adorable and so are you!

Thanks so much
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com

AAW! tiny baby! Aren't they so cute when they have that baby fuzz all over them? At 3 monthes my boy still has some whisps of monkey hair on his ears. Loved your pictures!

Both of my babies BFed for a long time at first, even up to an hour. Remember, the time between feedings is measured from the beginning of one to the beginning of the next. I agree with the pp that newborns are just not that efficient at getting the milk out yet. Now my DD can be on and off in 5 minutes or less!
    I read, watched movies, chatted on the phone or otherwise distracted myself when I was bored. I would keep trying side-lying. It is hard with a newborn because they are so small and have no body control-I couldn't do it with my newborns either but it becomes a lifesaver.
    Congrats again on the new LO-your little family is so cute!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on