Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting sweet foods later?

Default Re: Starting sweet foods later?

Breastmilk is sweet. Starting with sweet foods first should make no difference either way... if one is concerned with their little ones future eating habits... setting a good example is the best thing you can do! If its not in the house, they can't eat it..

She got this right on. Breastmilk is sweet, so it doesn't matter what you introduce first. I've also read in magazines that the whole veggies first/fruit last is an old piece of advice.

It really doesn't matter. Kids' tastes change so rapidly in their first years of life, that it's not going to matter what they try first.

Lisa

(Having problems with my computer....sorry for the botched quoting!)

Lightbulb Re: Starting sweet foods later?

Thanks for the info, ya'll! I never really thought about the fact that breast milk is so sweet. I even think that foods we eat during pregnancy affect the taste of the amniotic fluid the baby tastes and swallows. My baby probably likes garlic. Haha.
    We don't have junk food, sodas, candy, etc in our house because I have NO WILL POWER when it comes to that stuff. If I don't buy it, I can't eat it. Just seeing the word CAKE makes me salivate. Mmmm. One year we bought Easter candy to send out to my DH's daughter and we ate it ALL before we sent it. Now we buy it, wrap it up in several bags, and hide it out of sight until we can mail it.
    Anyway, I appreciate your advice. On the flip side, I can't imagine my childhood without PBJ's, Koolaid, and Cheeze Doodles! Somehow I will find a happy medium. In the meantime, I will be obsessing over what to feed my little angel first . . .
    Thanks so much to all of you!