Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Chicken?

Question Chicken?

Hello, my ds is almost 8 months old and we have slowly introduced solids. We just tried Chicken & Gravy jarred baby food and he has broken out in a facial rash the last 2 days we fed it to him. The only other time he gets this crazy cheek/chin rash is when he or I has dairy. (He has a milk protein allergy.)

Any ideas why this may be happening? Should I continue with Turkey? Pork?

Please help....you are all I've got!
    xoxo, Season

Default Re: Chicken?

I'd guess theres dairy in that food. Discontinue and see what happens.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

that or soy...
    Try fresh chicken.. you can get just a breast and then either bake it or boil it shread it with a fork. OR grind when done.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    that or soy...
    Try fresh chicken.. you can get just a breast and then either bake it or boil it shread it with a fork. OR grind when done.
    Yeah - I realised after I posted that it could be a response from anything in it....

I second trying fresh meats
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

it could have egg too... some of that jarred gavey has all kinds of stuff in it.